lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
tjderrington
Not Yet Wild

Default Ez Go RXV electric finicky starter?

I just purchased an rxv (didn't know about the brake issue at the time) and have noticed that the key ignition seems finicky for lack of a better term. At times when you turn the key to reverse, nothing happens, if I fiddle with the key position a tad it seems okay. Is this just a key switch issue or something more? Another thing to mention is that the batteries all test fully charged when this has occurred.
tjderrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Ez Go RXV electric finicky starter?

If you get nothing, not even a reverse beeper (i assume that works when the cart runs in R), i would suspect the keyswitch. If you get a strange buzz, not exactally like the reverse beeper, one of the pedals is not all the way up.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:42 PM   #3
tjderrington
Not Yet Wild

I'll look into that. Thanks for the response. As to the brake lockup issue I've read about on here? Do you have any insight as to whether I shoukd be concerned about that from a safety standpoint with kids riding?
tjderrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My rvx has done the same thing as you're i've only unplug the key switch for few minutes, when i replug it,, the problem was fix ....
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:22 AM   #5
catmcaw
Gone Wild

My RXV does the same thing every once in a while and I seem to think its me getting ahead of the cart. Its like i'm not giving the cart time to react
Press brake, slowly turn the key, wait til you hear the backup alarm and then try to move the cart. In other words, don't do things to quickly.
catmcaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO