lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2014, 10:18 AM   #1
arsenalgtg
Getting Wild

Default New to EZGO Electric TXT and electrical problems!!

Good afternoon all.....

so heres the story, got into buggys last year, thanks to you guys....and bought a petrol marathon which i customised.....blah blah blah

anyway.....bought 3 txt's last week that were cheap that needed some work doing.

I have a problem with one......the guy who had it wired in his own charger, which doesn't seem to work, so i've taken that all out. I have power running run from the battery into the battery gauge on the dash which is fine.....however I have no power coming out of the battery gauge going into the key switch?? I swapped the battery gauge with one out of other txts that runs fine and even that one doesn't work in it??? Im so confused??

I tried bypassing the battery gauge straight into the key switch, which is fine, however, I then only get forward gear but no reverse. I even tried taking the whole key plate switches out of the good txt and tried it on the broken one, and I have the same problems?

I just can't seem to figure this one out and normally I'm pretty good with electrics. Its probably something really simple thats staring me in the face that I can't see.

Any help would be great, as I'm pulling my hair out here.

Have attached some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1591.jpg (143.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1593.jpg (96.6 KB, 0 views)
arsenalgtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2014, 03:12 PM   #2
arsenalgtg
Getting Wild

Default Re: New to EZGO Electric TXT and electrical problems!!

Still no replays or advice

I've got a voltage tester today....

37.6 volts off the batteries so that's good.

When I put in run mode and turn the key, I get 36 volts at the battery charge meter, but nothing coming out of the unit to the key switch???

I've tried all the switches on the key plate on another buggy and all works fine?

The buzzer doesn't come on and the meter doesn't show any battery level when switched on??

I'm really at a loose end here....please help as I'm pulling my hair out!,

Kind regards
Old 05-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Have you looked for wiring diagrams in the Stickies? Mine didn't come with a volt gauge, so I have no experience, but some of the wires look newer than others. Perhaps it was rewired incorrectly by previous owner?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:23 PM   #4
branson
Not here yet

E-Z-GO

is that a PDS. if it is the key has its own why are going directly to the controller as well as the forward reverse switch. have you tried to check the diagnostic mode on the controller
branson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:14 PM   #5
arsenalgtg
Getting Wild

Yes I've got a wiring diagram which all matches up.

I've also tried to get in diagnostic mode but don't get anything back?? I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right, but it was my first attempt??

I've tested voltage going into the solenoid which all seems fine, but doesn't get a click when I push accelerator.

Like I said on first post....if I take the battery charge gauge out the loop and direct straight into the key switch, the buggy will drive forwards but not in reverse??

I really can't work this out.....and I'm not entirely sure what to check and in what order??
Old 05-13-2014, 04:40 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalgtg View Post
Good afternoon all.....

so heres the story, got into buggys last year, thanks to you guys....and bought a petrol marathon which i customised.....blah blah blah

anyway.....bought 3 txt's last week that were cheap that needed some work doing.

I have a problem with one......the guy who had it wired in his own charger, which doesn't seem to work, so i've taken that all out. I have power running run from the battery into the battery gauge on the dash which is fine.....however I have no power coming out of the battery gauge going into the key switch?? I swapped the battery gauge with one out of other txts that runs fine and even that one doesn't work in it??? Im so confused??

I tried bypassing the battery gauge straight into the key switch, which is fine, however, I then only get forward gear but no reverse. I even tried taking the whole key plate switches out of the good txt and tried it on the broken one, and I have the same problems?

I just can't seem to figure this one out and normally I'm pretty good with electrics. Its probably something really simple thats staring me in the face that I can't see.

Any help would be great, as I'm pulling my hair out here.

Have attached some pics.
The white wire on top doesn't appear to be connected to anything?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:42 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The battery meter does not feed voltage to anything.
The are two wire (+ and -) from the battery pack that the meter measures the voltage on and a third wire that goes to the Switched terminal on the keyswitch that turns the battery meter display on and off.

The voltage to the keyswitch comes from the controller and goes back to the controller. The voltage to the F/R switch, Run/Tow switch, the pedal switch and the solenoid also all come from and return to the controller.

By jumping the battery pack voltage to the keyswitch from the Battery meter lead that connects to the battery, you may have blown the controller, if it wasn't blown already. (Not having voltage at the keyswitch is a sign of a bad controller, but not proof positive.)

To get the controller to supply voltage to the controls, you have to supply voltage to the controller. Check for FULL battery pack voltage on J1 Pins 4 & 5. If you don't have voltage there, you won't have voltage on any switch.

To get the solenoid to click, you have to have full battery pack voltage on every wire highlighted in red on attached schematic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS - Solenoid activation traced.jpg (69.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:19 AM   #8
arsenalgtg
Getting Wild

All sorted, thanks for all your help.

It turns out the was a faulty wire running from the controller to the reed switch (red/white) wire.

All fixed :-)
Old 05-28-2014, 07:29 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear you found the problem and fixed it.

Thanks for the feedback.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO