lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2014, 11:08 AM   #1
JPfromSD
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Shocks for '92 Marathon

I am thinking of lifting my cart and putting some new wheels on. Wanted to go the most affordable way to do it.

first of all I have never replaced shocks. Where can I get affordable shocks? I looked on ebay and they range anywhere from $50 to $100 for two. I want to replace all of them when I lift the cart. when I sit down the cart tilts and I'm only around 185lbs, is this normal? Also where can I find the shocks at the best price?

another note, I have been looking at the lifts they have, there is an econo lift but Jakes lift looks more beefier? is there a big difference? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

JPfromSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2014, 12:29 PM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Shocks for '92 Marathon

Here is the n Monroe Style and length PDF

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...1&d=1383610320

Monroe part number is the same as O'Relly auto parts
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:48 AM   #3
JPfromSD
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

How much are the shocks? and which one am I looking for??
there a bunch on there!
JPfromSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

it all depends what you need , first look at what style ends you need , then take a measurement on your cart of the mounting points top to bottom then look for a shock that has that measurement in the middle of its open and closed range. most lift kits come with a stock shock relocation plate so you can reuse stock shocks , but you have the option of using longer shocks by using the original mount location. some of these measurements your not going to determine until after the lift is in .

here is a link to when I did my motor/shock swap. granted I have a CC DS but it will give you a idea on cross ref the numbers .

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...000-cc-ds.html
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO