lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #11
Adam_coley
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 95 ds clicks but won't move?

Ok. Thanks scottyb for the clarification. I have not tested the motor so I will give all of that a try tonight. I have also reset the OBC in hopes of some dumb luck and got no where. I also tested the voltage across the solenoid and got something like 19.8v? Don't know if that means anything, but I would have thought coming directly off the battery pack there would be a difference of 50.8v across the solenoid? But I will give your suggestions a try and see what I get.
Adam_coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Remove the solenoid resistor for testing. Put it back once the cart is running.
When the solenoid clicks you should read 50v between the controller B+ and B-.

(this voltage will bleed off the controller in 30-45 seconds when the control is turned off.)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:20 PM   #13
Adam_coley
Not Yet Wild

Checked with the volt meter hooked up to the neg battery terminal and the pos hooked up to the 1 pin on the controller. No voltage measurement when the solenoid clicks. Checked the 2&3 pins and right at 5k ohms. So I'm guessing my problem is no voltage to the 1 pin?
Old 08-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #14
gatorbait154
Not Yet Wild

Any luck Adam? I am going to head home early from work today and try to tackle my problems, with my cart. Hopefully I can get them resolved...
gatorbait154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:30 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_coley View Post
Checked with the volt meter hooked up to the neg battery terminal and the pos hooked up to the 1 pin on the controller. No voltage measurement when the solenoid clicks. Checked the 2&3 pins and right at 5k ohms. So I'm guessing my problem is no voltage to the 1 pin?
Yes, the controller will not function without power to pin #1. THere are many ways to skin this cat but, it can be supplied from the same source as the solenoid (+) activation circuit.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:39 PM   #16
Adam_coley
Not Yet Wild

Ok I kinda think what I did last may have been wrong and gave me some false tests results. Here's what I did:
1-Disconnected the wire to the 1 pin. Touched the volt meter to the 1 pin and the neg terminal on the battery pack and pushed the pedal. Got no voltage.
2- Connected volt meter to pins 2&3. Got 5k ohms. I think both of these were wrong ways to do it.

What I did tonight:
1- Hooked up the volt meter to pin 1 with the wire still attached to the pin and the neg activation side of the solenoid and pushed the pedal. Got full pack voltage.
2- Hooked up the volt meter to the wires that went to pins 2&3 with them disconnected from the pins. Pushed the pedal and got about 2k ohms.
3- Hooked up the motor both ways indicated for a series motor and the motor ran each way.
4- Hooked up the volt meter to B+ and B- on the controller and pushed the pedal. Got full pack voltage.

Any other suggestions? Or am I completely out in left field with the way I'm testing everything?
Old 08-08-2014, 10:03 AM   #17
gatorbait154
Not Yet Wild

Bump, any luck Adam? I haven't had time to work on mine since I spent an hour on the phone with Scotty B...
gatorbait154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:18 AM   #18
Adam_coley
Not Yet Wild

No luck so far. Re-checked all my new cables last night and everything is hooked up per scottyb's diagram. If you have any luck this weekend, please pass along the knowledge. If I don't get this thing out of the wife's parking spot in the garage soon, I may be looking for a new place to live!
Old 08-09-2014, 06:20 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm confused you posted ???
" 3- Hooked up the motor both ways indicated for a series motor and the motor ran each way. " or did you mean didn't? please CLARIFY motors runs or no?
1. ANSWER =

So - here's what we need to know ...
Does the solenoid click when you try to go?
2. ANSWER =

You posted " 1-Disconnected the wire to the 1 pin. Touched the volt meter to the 1 pin and the neg terminal on the battery pack and pushed the pedal. Got no voltage. " Then later you posted wire reads 48v when connected to control? But that won't matter so that looks like an intermittent reading (connection)?
Test that again on or off the control. It should read 48v when you press the gas with key on + in gear.
3. ANSWER =

Now - ohms at pin 2 and 3 Remove from control, plug tester into them, 5k pedal up and close to 0 when down. Your results?
4.ANSWER =

That will give us a solid place to work from. I'll check back later.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #20
Adam_coley
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the response scottyb, and to clarify:

1- when I hooked the motor up directly to 24v it DOES run

2- when I push the pedal the solenoid DOES click

3- the voltage at pin 1 reads 50.3v consistently

4- when I removed the wires that go into pins 2&3 and hook the meter up to the wires (not the pins on the back of the controller) I have 0 ohms when I first push the pedal and it increases to about 2k ohms with the pedal on the floor. This was with the cart in forward. Sounds like this may be my issue?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car