lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 ds clicks but won't move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_coley View Post
Thanks for the response scottyb, and to clarify:

1- when I hooked the motor up directly to 24v it DOES run

2- when I push the pedal the solenoid DOES click

3- the voltage at pin 1 reads 50.3v consistently

4- when I removed the wires that go into pins 2&3 and hook the meter up to the wires (not the pins on the back of the controller) I have 0 ohms when I first push the pedal and it increases to about 2k ohms with the pedal on the floor. This was with the cart in forward. Sounds like this may be my issue?
That would be a good reading in reverse..... now what about in forward? Is it closer to 0-5000?

Can you post the model # on your controller please
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #22
Adam_coley
Not Yet Wild

Retested and those are the correct numbers for forward. In reverse, it starts at about 800 ohms just sitting there. Once I press the pedal, it immediately drops to 0 ohms and never gets much above that even at full throttle. And the controller model number is FS42L700NNVS.
Adam_coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We have 2 problems. We need to get the pot signal working first. Can you remove the cover on the Vglide and verify the wiper arm is moving across all the contacts to full top?
Old 08-10-2014, 08:26 PM   #24
Adam_coley
Not Yet Wild

Here's what it looks like inside the v-glide. Everything looks to be in contact, but the insulation on the wire attached to the wiper arm has been worn through by the bolt that holds the arm on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image (4).jpg (146.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image (8).jpg (140.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image (9).jpg (120.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image (5).jpg (120.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image (6).jpg (107.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-10-2014, 08:54 PM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Did you put some tape on the bare wire and re test the output? If the that doesn't make any difference I think you may have a wire or 2 mixed up on the F&R micro switches? Here is the correct order for the micro switch wires.
Attached Images
File Type: png CC HD F&R instruction.png (12.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-10-2014, 09:52 PM   #26
Adam_coley
Not Yet Wild

Put tape over the exposed wire and tested with the v-glide cover off and had the same results. Checked the wires going to the micro switches and all are hooked up correctly except I don't have a green wire. On the micro switch that has 3 wires (green, white, black) I only have the black and white wires. The white wire runs to the 2 pin on the controller and the black wire runs to the 3 pin on the controller. The only green wire I see on the cart looks like it goes from the key switch to the solenoid.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:05 PM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Put tape over the exposed wire and tested with the v-glide cover off and had the same results. Checked the wires going to the micro switches and all are hooked up correctly except I don't have a green wire. On the micro switch that has 3 wires (green, white, black) I only have the black and white wires. The white wire runs to the 2 pin on the controller and the black wire runs to the 3 pin on the controller. The only green wire I see on the cart looks like it goes from the key switch to the solenoid.
The problem is in the Vglide (multistep potentiometer) output. It should be 5k with the pedal up and then close to 0 with the pedal down... anything else and the controller is not going to send amperage to the motor.... Look on the back side and see if there is any damage to exposed wiring and resistors.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:24 AM   #28
Adam_coley
Not Yet Wild

Everything with the wires and resistors coming off the v-glide looks ok by visual inspection. I saw this post related to another ds v-glide:

"The replacement part for your vehicle is a #1016012 - V-Glide Multi Step Potentiometer 0-5K"

A quick google search and I found:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Club-Car-Gol...-/380426310781

Should I start with replacing the v-glide assembly with this unit?
Old 08-11-2014, 08:11 AM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Please look at the wiring diagram very carefully, your wire colors are not what you think they are. Use CTD color diagram as a reference:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post928662

The controller throttle control works on 5v, the 2 pin micro switch in the V-Glide that activates the solenoid works on 48v. You can very easily damage your controller if you run 48v in the throttle circuit..

Trace the wires from the V-Glide to the micro switches and to the controller, You should be able to see where it is wired incorrectly.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #30
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just noticed you don't have a 3 wire setup, the V-Glide is a 2 wire setup 0-5K, the controller you got: FS42L700NNVS is for a 3 wire setup (it needs power at the top of the potentiometer.
It should match this wiring diagram right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1995_DS_MultiStep_Wiring.jpg (1.16 MB, 0 views)
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car