lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2014, 11:42 AM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Little gain from major upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTCLarry View Post
No gas for me. IMO they stink and are noisy, not to mention burning fuel constantly. My car does enough of that. Also gas carts are not very popular here in Peachtree City to the electric cart owners for the same reasons. Just my opinion.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2014, 02:34 PM   #12
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Each has it's advantages. I own an electric but many golfers I play with have gas carts. For golfing and around the community, electric is great.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:17 PM   #13
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Talking Re: Little gain from major upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by seoighs View Post
No offence meant, but I drive my cart nearly every day, and it uses so little fuel that I need to add stabilizer to keep it from going to gel.

I don't object to electricity, and look forward to the day that power storage systems become lighter, cheaper, and more efficient. In the meantime, I'll be happy to lend you a tow next time I see you at the bottom of a hill.

Cheers,
LOL next time let me pull you and that cart up the hill in my electric.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:03 PM   #14
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

To me a cancer survivor it is all about the smell.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:07 AM   #15
PTCLarry
Not Yet Wild

UPDATE - I finally ordered and installed my new PQ Bandit motor. Wow! what a difference it makes! Now I have great performance. Also added a Battery Life Saver. After reading all the posts concerning the difficulty of separating the motor from the transaxle, I was prepared for the worst with my 19 year old stock motor removal. I've got to say that with the bolts removed, it took less than 3 minutes to put the old motor on the ground. Much easier than I expected. Very satisfied now.
PTCLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:45 AM   #16
Fishnnmore
Not Yet Wild

Hey there PTC Larry. I just purchased a 94 CC 36V with resistor coil and V glide controller. After finding that the linkage for the go pedal was attached by wire and fishing string and not allowing the v glide to make contact with the last two contacts my buddy and I fixed it properly and and getting up to 16 mph on flat ground with two grown men riding on a full charge. I do see a huge difference when I get on soft/high grass and climbing. Even the smallest hills really bog the cart down.
My questions for you is, did your cart have the same resistor coil and v glide controller? Why the up grade? Was it worth the$?
I am planning on putting a 6"suspension lift 12" wheels and 20" mud tires.
I am not planning on mudding. It's mInly for looks and getting from one neighbor hood the the next without accessing the main roads.
Any Info, recommendations or suggestions from anybody out there would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!!
Fishnnmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:21 AM   #17
PTCLarry
Not Yet Wild

My cart is a 95 CC 48v Series with multi-step potentiometer. The upgrade was definitely worth the money for me. It was that or buy a new cart. And my old cart is still nice as far as the body and frame are concerned. So I went for the upgrade. Now I have a hot-rod compared to what I had before. I'm running about 21 mph on the level road and can climb hills now that I had to crawl up before. It took the whole package to make it work though (see my original post).
PTCLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:52 AM   #18
Fishnnmore
Not Yet Wild

Awesome!! Thanks bud!!
Fishnnmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:46 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thank you for the update - glad you have a smile on your face now
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car