lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2014, 04:18 PM   #1
Hagan
Not Yet Wild

Default 1996 EZGO Electric Medalist Manuals

Hello all,

I have just purchased a ezgo golf cart and I'm wanting to get my hands on as much info on this thing as possible. Everything is fine at this time and the cart is in great shape, however with the age I just want to make sure I am maintaining it accordingly. I also would like to have a digital copy of a service manual to educate myself in the event of a malfunction. Any advise on things to check would be appreciated. It has brand new batteries, a upgraded controller and a larger fuse and 4Ga wires. It moves along pretty good. Thanks for your time and any info you can provide.

Thanks
Hagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1996 EZGO Electric Medalist Manuals

Welcome to BGW!

Don't have an owner manual, but the parts manual attached should be close and here is a link to a downloadable service manual for it:
http://www.ordertree.com/docs/1047/E...28124G01RS.pdf

What aftermarket controller do you have?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ME2, Elec & DCS Vehicle, 97, 28403g01sp.pdf (13.24 MB, 0 views)

Last edited by JohnnieB; 12-27-2014 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: Forgot the attachment
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:44 AM   #3
Hagan
Not Yet Wild

Thanks JohnnieB.

That was exactly what I was looking for. I'll have to pop the cover off to see the controller and get back to you on that. The bottom of the cover had to be cut because the controller was larger than the oem. I'll let you know so you can tell me what I've got.

Thanks Again
Old 12-28-2014, 10:13 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If it has a Run/Tow switch on the controller cover, it's a DCS, or at least it was before the controller upgrade.

I suspect that is what you have since people with series carts (series wound motor) typically leave the cover off, while people with DCS and PDS carts (Sepex motor) need someplace to mount the Run/Tow switch.

Whatever it is, it is good to figure out exactly what is installed and include that info when you ask questions in the future. Also what charger you have if it is a battery related question.

Speaking of batteries, put them on charge after each use, or at least every night.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:57 PM   #5
Hagan
Not Yet Wild

I have a ALLTRAX DCX300. I have 6 exide 6 volt batteries. Not the best I know but they were installed in July of this year before I purchased it. I hope they last me several years. I also forgot to mention it has a new solenoid also. I forgot to look to see what the ratings were before I put the cover back on. Any ideas on the range I can expect to see out of this thing. I have the 18" Kenda Hole N one tires at this time and no lift. Thanks for your time sir!
Old 12-28-2014, 05:01 PM   #6
Hagan
Not Yet Wild

The batteries pt # is a GC115G
Old 12-28-2014, 06:22 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Exide makes good batteries, I've got seven of them.

However, what you have is their super economy grade. 186AH
It is actually a GC-110 that is sold through Rural King, which is where I got my 245AH batteries, but I special ordered them.

A DCX300 is essentially a direct replacement for the stock DCS controller, but it kicks the speed up into the low 20's on stock height (18") tires.

Based on battery AH alone, your cart will get about 17% less than stock range, which is roughly 36 holes (~10-12 miles) on a single charge, but it depends on the specific cart, how it is driven and the terrain it is driven on.

Charge the batteries overnight and take a 5 mile trip or longer, measuring the distance traveled with a GPS or phone app.

Wait 30 minutes after you get back home and measure the pack voltage.

With the distance traveled and the end voltage, I can give you a ballpark guesstimate on range.

---------
Did your solenoid look like the one in the attached picture?
If so it is a stock (85A) solenoid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stock PDS controller-2.jpg (633.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-28-2014, 07:43 PM   #8
Hagan
Not Yet Wild

Yes it looked very similar to that one.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:16 PM   #9
Hagan
Not Yet Wild

What do I need to do to add another battery? Will the coil/solenoid handle 42 volts? Will my battery charger still work? Here we go! I think I'm starting to catch the bug...
Old 12-28-2014, 09:41 PM   #10
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagan View Post
What do I need to do to add another battery? Will the coil/solenoid handle 42 volts? Will my battery charger still work? Here we go! I think I'm starting to catch the bug...

What do I need to do to add another battery? More battery cables.

Will the coil/solenoid handle 42 volts? Probably not.

Will my battery charger still work? No.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO