lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2015, 08:49 AM   #11
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: OK I am in the country with the cart

Thank You Ckiguy- I would have started in the front switch.

What you described makes more sense- to start at the transmission

The cart is a 1997 Club Car, no lift, I bought it from a guy that had a clone motor put in it, and couldn't get it to run right for him

You can see why, the man thought he had a Harley cart

he had it on Craigslist for over 6 months, and no one came to even look at it- He had it listed as a harley davidson cart with new engine and can''t gett it to run- I took my neighbor with me ( another old gear head) and we got it running within 5 minutes- I emptied the old gas and ran new gas and carb cleaner through it and it was fine-

Then we took it to the country and when inlaws ran it, it wouldn't go in reverse ( this is the same people that couldn't figure out how to charge a set of batteries in an electric cart.

I didn't get to the farm last summer- wife had knee surgery and my 91 year old Mom had open heart surgery and and surgery to remove an optical tumor, they took out her eye- so this year is a new year

thanks for the help- I used to be a gear head and built a 55 chevy, a 64 chevelle super sport, a 69 camaro z28 and a couple pickups- But my wife and son say , because of a bad accident I am not a quick on somethings as I used to be LOL

thanks so much

PS if your up on saturday Mornings, go to talkstl.com and listen to Ray Eyes Eyes on the outdoors radio- we are on 8 am to 10 pm central time- we talk hunting fishing shooting, outdoors

Last edited by csport; 07-30-2015 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: forgot something
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2015, 09:50 PM   #12
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

ahhh the old cloan engine idea. is it hooked up correctly? 97 as i recall is the year they went from cw rotation to the ccw rotation, so to find the correct rotation is hard, so most drop the clone in and run fwd in reverse, and reverse is in fwd. should make no diffence in the cabling. like i said before, take the hand shifter, place it basicly in the center. disconnect and find your stops, and work off that. i do not rember when in 97 club car changed, but keep that in mind. if need i can get you pics of my shifter and trans side, i know sometimes a picture helps with visualization
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:06 PM   #13
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank You Sir
Old 08-10-2015, 12:24 AM   #14
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

this is a harley golf cart........300 bucks it is mine!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1968 harley.jpg (195.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-10-2015, 06:30 PM   #15
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I am not allowed any more toys- I cant hide anymore in or outside the garage OLO
We get to go down this saturday night, I am going to follow your plan

I am hoping all is good
Old 08-12-2015, 03:03 PM   #16
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok Mr Ckiguy, I am going to take the cable off at both ends,

then I am am going to place transmission in neutral and shifter in front in neutral

Then center cable and adjust accordingly

hows that for getting through a block headed retired rugby player(no helmet)?
Old 08-13-2015, 08:43 PM   #17
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Dont call me mr.... i work for a living!
sounds like a plan, then you have the fine art of the adjusting to get your gears. Don sent you the club car service book link as i recall to adjust the cable, remember that book is for a stock cc, not one that has a lift, and a big block in it, or a clone engine in it! get pictures of any issues, well walk you through as best as we can. we might see a issue you don't see.....
Old 08-13-2015, 10:28 PM   #18
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank You
This give me a ground zero-
yep its a plan- the small lake we have has been calling me the last couple weeks, two weekends ago, I worked the Missouri deer classic in St. Charles MO- displaying prescription shooting and hunting safety glasses. The radio Show that I am the assistant producer did an onsite 2 hour radio program that saturday morning-Then last week I was onsite for a company dispensing prescription safety glass- My brain is tired and touring round the property in the cart and floating in the lake will give me a new perspective LOLOL- My knees are so unique, I cant wait to them replaced- this cart sure helps me see parts of the place I have't seen in a long time- so what I am trying to say, thank you very much for the ideas
Chris
if your ever up at 8 am central time- go to talkstl.com and listen to Ray Eyes's Eyes on the outdoors- we talk hunting fishing shooting and eating great food
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car