lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2015, 01:05 AM   #1
inflationstation
Not Yet Wild

Default 955E - need help finding axles

Hi all - new to the site, and hope somebody out there can help. We have a 2001 955E 8-person personnel carrier donor chassis (S/N 1386506)for a parade car with a snapped passenger rear axle - snapped right at the splines. The PO did an on-the-spot repair by welding the spiders together and got it to go for a few days. We're rehabbing it, and I just can't seem to find the right axles. According to the EZGO site search of the S/N, the axles are spline both ends, but ours have the integral hubs. Our local Jacobson's ordered axles 23589, which looked good until I put it next to the old one, and it's about 2 inches too short - both sides are. The splines engage about 1/8", which won't get us very far.

I've looked and looked, but can't seem to find any info on other axles. My measuerments are for the passenger side, roughly 16" (brake drum is still on, so hard to get an accurate measurement), and 23" more or less for the driver's side.

It's got a Dana Spicer rear, Spicer S/N 1264348 (all the other numbers on the tag are too faded to read).

This had been converted into a mobile saloon, complete with piano and swinging doors, with outriggers that made it about 30' wide. We've abandoned the outriggers and are making it into a Magic Flying Carpet. We need to be able to make it move before we put more time and $$ into the rest of it.

Anybody out there have anything laying around that could help? In desperate straits, and time is of the essence - it needs to head to the Nevada desert on August 27th for Burning Man. Thanks for any and all help!

Cheers,
Greg
inflationstation is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2015, 01:24 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 955E - need help finding axles

Can you post a pic of the axle (whatever you got of the broken portion). There were several varities of Dana axles used over the years.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:41 AM   #3
inflationstation
Not Yet Wild

I can't seem to figure out how to add a pic - I'm on an ipad, and all the buttons ask for URL's. Does this mean I have to put them somewhere and then add the link?
Old 08-14-2015, 11:44 AM   #4
inflationstation
Not Yet Wild

Ok, think I found the way - here's a pic of the spicer label I'm uploading as a trial; I have to head to the cart to take pics -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (204.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-14-2015, 01:45 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well according to the parts manual that should have been correct for that cart.. Is it possible the axle bearing isn't all the way seated ? I have attached the parts and service manual if you need it. Page 126 is the rear axle
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2000_up_Electric__Shuttle_950_Series-1.pdf (5.62 MB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:04 PM   #6
inflationstation
Not Yet Wild

yeah, that 's what we thought when we ordered the others. Here's a pic of the broken one and the new one side by side - the old broken is pretty much the same as the new full-length. I spoke with a guy at EZGO this morning, and apparently what I need is the G7 version, which is 14.8" long; the ones that were ordered were 13.8". And, there's a three-month lead time on those...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (215.0 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO