lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2015, 09:05 AM   #1
Raybo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Radio Question

Good morning all. Having the radio put in today and they asked me if I wanted the radio to work off the key (need the key on to work). So how does everybody on here does it? Would you rather have the radio work without or with the key?
Raybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2015, 11:22 AM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Radio Question

I put the radio on a separate toggle, not the key. Just so it could run without the key on.

Last time we were at an impromptu party at the river a guy had a great radio in his cart and we played that till the wee-hours. If it were my cart, I wouldn't want to risk the possibility of someone being inebriated or not paying attention and hit the gas accidentally while listening and thinking the cart is 'off'.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:26 AM   #3
Raybo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
I put the radio on a separate toggle, not the key. Just so it could run without the key on.

Last time we were at an impromptu party at the river a guy had a great radio in his cart and we played that till the wee-hours. If it were my cart, I wouldn't want to risk the possibility of someone being inebriated or not paying attention and hit the gas accidentally while listening and thinking the cart is 'off'.
From my understanding the cart wont move without the key but the radio will still work without the key.
Raybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:42 AM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Depends what key switch you install I suppose (or how you wire your radio).

My stock EZGO TXT cart doesn't have an accessory position on the key. It's either on or off. Since I wanted to run radio while key is off, I ran it off a toggle. Often people just run it off the battery directly without the toggle. That's a good solution too, but I wanted to be able to turn it off without having to find the dimly lit power button on my radio.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO