lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2016, 01:55 PM   #1
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Default rxv voltage problems. jumping from 49v to 8v and everywhere in between

having a hard time with an rxv in the shop, the voltage is all over the place on it when the key is on. i mean just bouncing all over the place. never sits still. 48,9,13,19,22,42,30,7,5,22 ect. i also just found out when i lp[ug the charger in it drops to 9v and stays there so the charger is throwing low voltage code. the worst part is with all this voltage jumping around my diagnostic tool wont stay on because it wont run when its real low voltage. any ideas? cables and batteries are new. not recently new or anything this was 6 months ago and nothing has been changed or messed with. customer was driving it the other day and the brake locked and weve been trying to figure it out since then. any ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
CustomGolfCartGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2016, 02:05 PM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: rxv voltage problems. jumping from 49v to 8v and everywhere in between

Where are you reading these wonky voltages at the batteries or elsewhere in the system?
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:10 PM   #3
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Default Re: rxv voltage problems. jumping from 49v to 8v and everywhere in between

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Where are you reading these wonky voltages at the batteries or elsewhere in the system?
just on the batteries. this was with the key on btw i had it wrote wrong at first.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:11 PM   #4
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

if it helps any it reads 49v, then you turn the key on and it stays 49v for 2 seconds then you hear a click at the controller area and then the voltage dancing starts
Old 09-21-2016, 04:10 PM   #5
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Anybody?
Old 09-21-2016, 05:27 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyscustoms View Post
Anybody?
To tell you the truth, it sound like something is oscillating and creating a lot of electrical noise that is disrupting the readings and programmer. Try looking at the DC bus with an oscilloscope and see how clean the DC looks.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:17 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I'm thinking it's a connection or battery problem. Clip your meter to the pack main positive, then use the other lead to start moving from each battery terminal towards the pack main negative while repeating the fail test until you see the bad reading show up. when the funky reading shows up, you know you have just included the failed part in your voltage test.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:43 PM   #8
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Has to be a very bad connection at one of the batteries or a bad battery itself. Measure each one when it's doing that and find where the problem is.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:05 AM   #9
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

The charging port is causing the crazy voltage, when I undo it (the red wire basically is the one seems to make it go crazy) everything is normal but of course the cart won't run with all that unplugged. So any idea what could of happened?
Old 09-22-2016, 10:29 AM   #10
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Do what I asked you to do. When it's in that mode, read the battery voltages and total pack voltage. Make sure nothing is grounded to the frame anywhere!!!
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO