lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2016, 10:38 AM   #11
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Default Re: rxv voltage problems. jumping from 49v to 8v and everywhere in between

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Do what I asked you to do. When it's in that mode, read the battery voltages and total pack voltage. Make sure nothing is grounded to the frame anywhere!!!
I did that and found one battery was jumping around. The battery with the red wire from the charger port, I took it off and have all normal readings...
CustomGolfCartGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2016, 10:41 AM   #12
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Default Re: rxv voltage problems. jumping from 49v to 8v and everywhere in between

the yellow wire on the solenoid is causing the crazy voltages, i hooked the charger port back up and undid the solenoid and had normal readings. starting hooking the solenoid back up and as soon as the yellow wire touches anything hot all the readings go crazy again. what is the yellow wire on the rxv
Old 09-22-2016, 10:42 AM   #13
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

thanks for the help on this everybody, i have been fighting this stupid thing for weeks
Old 09-22-2016, 01:22 PM   #14
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

looking for a wiriing diagram for an rxv? anybody have a link? trying to find what this yellow wire is to
Old 09-22-2016, 03:16 PM   #15
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyscustoms View Post
looking for a wiriing diagram for an rxv? anybody have a link? trying to find what this yellow wire is to
What year is it? The wiring harness is different around a few key dates. The yellow wire brings power from the battery to the keyswitch though Fuse #1. From the keyswitch it powers the +48V line to the controller logic and a couple of other low current circuits. All of the high current +48V circuits are fed by the solenoid contacts. Is there a 48V to 12V converter in that cart? Like I mentioned before, it's acting like EMI (ElectroMagnetic Interference) from something oscillating. If it's strong enough, it can disrupt electronics.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 03:52 PM   #16
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If the yellow wire is on the large terminal of the Solenoid, it likely is the activation wire for a dc/dc converter. I've never seen one of those cause the issue you are seeing but there is always a first time for everything.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:16 AM   #17
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
If the yellow wire is on the large terminal of the Solenoid, it likely is the activation wire for a dc/dc converter. I've never seen one of those cause the issue you are seeing but there is always a first time for everything.
you guys mean like an aftermarket convertor for lights ect? becuase i dont see one on here, it does have lights though so maybe i just dont see it.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:19 AM   #18
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
What year is it? The wiring harness is different around a few key dates. The yellow wire brings power from the battery to the keyswitch though Fuse #1. From the keyswitch it powers the +48V line to the controller logic and a couple of other low current circuits. All of the high current +48V circuits are fed by the solenoid contacts. Is there a 48V to 12V converter in that cart? Like I mentioned before, it's acting like EMI (ElectroMagnetic Interference) from something oscillating. If it's strong enough, it can disrupt electronics.

Bob
this is a 2010.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:51 AM   #19
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is the wire going into the main harness or is it trailing off to somewhere else on the cart?
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:29 AM   #20
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
Is the wire going into the main harness or is it trailing off to somewhere else on the cart?
main harness, its a factory wire. im stripping the cart now in case there is a hidden convertor somewhere (highlt doubtful but might as well check) also im going to re-run tests on the motor becuase it doesnt act up as often in tow mode as in run. still has weird voltage bouncing around but it seems slightly more stable in tow mode.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO