lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2016, 08:34 PM   #1
sltintexas
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2009 RXV issues

Sometimes I love my RXV, sometimes I don't.

Batteries were fully charged (although a little old). I was cruising along, all was well. I hit the brakes to slop and it works, then It won't go. Key is in run, I try to push it, its locked up. I put it in N, brake still engaged. I can hear something engaging and clicking. I put it in tow mode and I hear something clicking likes it engaging and disengaging quickly. One time when I put it in tow it stayed locked up, the next time it went into N.

After putting into tow, then back into run, it will go although I have to really push the gas pedal farther down. when it goes it is really sputtery and jolty.

From what I'm reading i am thinking motor brake. What do the experts say.
sltintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2016, 08:37 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2009 RXV issues

Sounds like it. If the brake is dragging, it will get super hot in a few hundred feet of driving.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:00 PM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sltintexas View Post
Sometimes I love my RXV, sometimes I don't.

Batteries were fully charged (although a little old). I was cruising along, all was well. I hit the brakes to slop and it works, then It won't go. Key is in run, I try to push it, its locked up. I put it in N, brake still engaged. I can hear something engaging and clicking. I put it in tow mode and I hear something clicking likes it engaging and disengaging quickly. One time when I put it in tow it stayed locked up, the next time it went into N.

After putting into tow, then back into run, it will go although I have to really push the gas pedal farther down. when it goes it is really sputtery and jolty.

From what I'm reading i am thinking motor brake. What do the experts say.
A clicking sound of engaging and disengaging quickly is one symptom of a Motor Brake OC (overcurrent) error. It gets the error and disengages power to the motor brake, then tries again. If you allow it to continue, it can burn out the motor brake FET in the controller. Change out the motor brake.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 12:04 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Load test each battery. Without a known-good battery pack an RXV cart will do all manner of weird things.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 05:33 AM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

I agree, check battery voltage under a load- especially the back battery, that one likes to fail first
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO