lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2016, 01:14 PM   #1
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Towing ability?

Hello. I haven't been here for awhile, but my 2006 lifted, 36 volt EZGO TXT is serving me well. I have a question for you. We bought some equipment recently. We traded in our smaller John Deere riding lawnmower for a small JD tractor. We also bought a DR leaf collector/shredder. I guess we didn't think things through very well, because we have a snapper mower as our main mower and it has no way of towing this shredder behind it. DUH!

The larger JD tractor is too heavy to use to tow the leaf shredder around the yard, since it will dig ridges in our lawn. We have a very large, wooded property, and the tractor will come in handy for other things.

So..........my question is this: We can actually use the leaf shredder on it's own, since it has it's own engine/shredder. We have a tube attachment accessory that can suck up and shred the leaves without being towed behind a running mower. So.....would it be safe to somehow rig up a way of using my EZGO to gently move the leaf shredder around the property? The DR leaf shredder weighs about 300#. I can't seem to post a picture of it, but you could just check out the DR tow-behind leaf shredders to see a pic of one. Thanks for your help!
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2016, 06:50 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Towing ability?

OK, it's a series system, that's a great start. Is the controller/ F&R / cables upgraded? Or stock? If it is upgraded, you should be just fine. I would suggest keeping all your tires (cart & trailer) aired up to max safe level on sidewall when using it this way to lower rolling resistance (& load on cart).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 10:35 AM   #3
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks cgtech. I'm not real smart with these things, so I'm not sure about the controller, etc. being upgraded. I bought this used a couple years ago. I have it serviced at a reputable dealer/service once a year. I do keep my batteries and tires filled (although with different substances.....haha). My husband doesn't know much either, but he's thinking we can somehow attach the leaf shredder to the foot rest in the back. ??
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 12:04 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Very important question: What size tires do you have? If it's lifted with large tires you may not have enough torque to pull anything substantial.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 01:03 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Sounds like its totally stock with lift & large tires. That's a dangerous gamble. It may work just fine, you may have a broken golf cart in a week. The stock system has no less than 3 weak links that are waiting to go on "permanent vacation" on a lifted/big tire cart, without even adding extra weight.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 08:21 AM   #6
flareside_thunder
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Can you flip your seat up and take a couple photos of the battery compartment?
flareside_thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO