lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #1
Bothevolfan
Not Yet Wild

Default '09 RXV makes a Popping sound

My RXV makes a loud POP sound when you go to take off after it sits a while. It is like something is locked and when u move it pops and breaks free. After that, everything sounds perfect. Any suggestions??
Bothevolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2017, 11:10 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: '09 RXV makes a Popping sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothevolfan View Post
My RXV makes a loud POP sound when you go to take off after it sits a while. It is like something is locked and when u move it pops and breaks free. After that, everything sounds perfect. Any suggestions??
Hey there Bo

It sounds like an issue with the carrier/differential gears. Did you put limited slip additive in the diff oil?

Aren't you in southeastern TN?
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:01 PM   #3
Bothevolfan
Not Yet Wild

No sir. I am in southwest TN. The flat ugly part. Lol. I have not changed the oil in the differential yet. I have purchased some and some additive as well to do soon. I don't really understand how to get it in there. There is a black plug on the cover and a vent on top. Any suggestions?
Bothevolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:01 PM   #4
sltintexas
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

On mine, I put it on stands in the back. That gave it some angle to more easily put it in. I then used an old injector used to inject marinades into turkeys Having it jacked up high on the rear helped keep the fluid from pouring back out when I added it

I'd suck some into it, then put the needle up in the rear end and push it back out. the injecter has a needle end but it has a very large hole so pushing the fluid through it didn't take forever. I think I 've heard of people doing something similar but they put a tube on the end of it and put the tube in the rearend and push it through. I think i was a very small amount short of what the book said to put in there, but if I put any more in, it would just pour out.
sltintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:45 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I doubt you will have much luck getting the correct amount in through the plug in the cover. I remove the cover & allow to drain. Then reseal cover with Silicone. I remove one axle shaft & put the oil in through the axle tube. The service manual shows another fill hole on the side of the aluminum housing, few I have seen have it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO