lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2017, 11:42 AM   #1
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax 48500 and Stock Motor vs PQ Bandit questions

So I have my new Alltrax 48500 controller sitting here, just waiting to be installed. I also have my stock 99 TXT 36V motor on the cart (figuratively speaking, it's really in the corner). I have seen a few threads about limiting the amps going to the stock motor, although they were directed to a PDS cart owner.

I have the Electric Vehicle Power Systems, Inc. Syracuse N.Y. 36v motor. Part # 73124G01 - AY4-4001. Rating AU2500 Fleet Speed rating.

The cart when rebuilt will have a 5" lift, 48500 controller, Super Duty solenoid, 2GA cable set and 22x11-10 AT tires.

Should I, if ScottyB has not already programmed it accordingly, limit the controller output to the stock motor to 450 Amps? Higher voltage means less amperage, right, so the motor should not be working as hard, if I understand the relationship correctly. Also, do I need to reuse the heat sink from the old controller on the new Alltrax with the fan kit?

Should I expect the motor to lose lifespan operating at 48 volts? The other question is this. If I were to send the 36v motor to Plum Quick for the bandit upgrade, would I ask them to send back a 36v or a 48v version, or is that even an option to choose?

Thanks for all the advice to date as I rebuild my cart from the bottom up.

L
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2017, 05:23 PM   #2
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax 48500 and Stock Motor vs PQ Bandit questions

Any one have input on these questions?
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:09 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax 48500 and Stock Motor vs PQ Bandit questions

I can answer one question. Voltage will not reduce a motor's life, heat will. Heat essentially comes with amperage, but a motor cannot be "fed" amperage. A bigger controller makes it available, and the motor "asks" for the amperage it needs to perform what you are telling it to do. If you are pulling heavy loads, running uphill, etc., your motor needs enough air to cool as it performs the work required, or rest time.

A crude way of determining this is to lick your finger then touch the motor. If it sizzles, you are close to overheating it. Kinda like us old-schoolers did with irons.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO