lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2017, 10:03 PM   #1
diesel97
Not Yet Wild

Default Ebay 36v 18amp chargers

Anyone have any luck with the cheapo 36 v 18amp chargers they sell on ebay?i know ya get what ya pay for but moneys tight.thx
diesel97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2017, 10:26 PM   #2
robertk
Getting Wild

Default Re: Ebay 36v 18amp chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel97 View Post
Anyone have any luck with the cheapo 36 v 18amp chargers they sell on ebay?i know ya get what ya pay for but moneys tight.thx

I purchased a 36/48 volt. It came from China, took about 2 months. They thought it was lost and sent me another. Both were delivered within 2 days of each other.

Seems to work ok. I am planning to cut off the clamps and use ring terminals to make it an onboard charger. With 2 of them, I now have a spare for when it fails.

Here is the one I finally received (it looks a little different than what they show in the picture).
http://m.ebay.com/itm/36V-48V-20A-Au...=1981730897015

I also have one of the $100 multi-voltage Stanley chargers that will charge from 6v-48v.

Both seem to work ok, and charge up the pack but I've not used either one of them that much. The problem I have with the Stanley charger is that the fan runs non-stop even after the charge cycle finishes.

I've seen factory reconditioned Ezgo powerwise onboard chargers with warranty in the $200 range. I will likely go with a Lester or a Delta-Q when these die.

2006 TXT series
robertk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:04 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

$170 huh? At that price, it's too close to the cost of a American made Dpi charger.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:18 AM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
$170 huh? At that price, it's too close to the cost of a American made Dpi charger.
Plus $30 shipping! That puts it just over $200. You can get the DPI on eBay for around $280.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:41 AM   #5
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
Plus $30 shipping! That puts it just over $200. You can get the DPI on eBay for around $280.
Or you can support site sponsors, and get it from ScottyB here, for $285!
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:33 AM   #6
robertk
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxPilot View Post
Or you can support site sponsors, and get it from ScottyB here, for $285!

I try and support them (just ordered a FN1 switch from ScottyB yesterday) but I really wanted to go with an onboard charger. I don't really see the onboard chargers on their sites as many of them largely seem to like my grandpa's heavy, bulky, energy wasting, transformer style of battery charger better. ;) Those chargers have their place, but I lean more toward the computer than a typewriter - even if I do have to replace or upgrade the computer every few years :)

I liked the "idea" of the one I purchased as a 7 stage fully automatic MCU controlled with desulphication capabilities. I guess time will tell how well it works and holds up. I'm going to be monitoring pack and individual voltages closely and am even installing individual voltmeters on each battery... Why? Because it will be easier to flip a switch and look at a gauge to check and log each battery voltage than pulling out the meter and testing...plus I think it will look cool :)

2006 TXT series
robertk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:49 AM   #7
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Gotcha, and I totally get it. I was responding specifically to the ebay comment.
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:06 PM   #8
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxPilot View Post
Gotcha, and I totally get it. I was responding specifically to the ebay comment. [emoji106]
I buy a lot of stuff from Scotty myself, I wasn't trying to discredit Scotty, just trying to make the statement that for just a tiny bit more he could have gotten a top of the line charger since he mentioned money was tight.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:17 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Please come back in a year or 2 or even 5 and let us know how the charger and battery pack performed. The only on board I found to give me close to what I can get in an old transformer type is the Lester Summit for like $380

Traditionally, the average PW charger is not happy on board. The vibration, heat, and dirt associated with on board life shortens their useful life. Which explains why you don't see a lot of them on sponsors sites. The DPI has a 2 yr warranty. My personal cart has a Lester Summit but the price-point doesn't fit the market.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:12 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Even if the sponsors don't list certain items, they can often order them for the same price, or discounted, if it's a brand they carry.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO