lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2017, 01:39 AM   #1
TrickCart
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default HD-400 Solenoid Install/Upgrade HELP!!!

I'm in the process of installing the new XCT-48v500a controller with the HD 400 amp Solenoid... nowhere in the instructions does it say how to wire the Solenoid. Or on Alltrax's site, or even cartsunlimited.net

I need to know where all the little wires run to and go! I'm stumped and waiting on that info while constantly researching! I am reading install threads, but they are all with the 200amp Solenoid.

This kit also came with a massive fuse... but again, no description of how or where to install it.

--2002 TXT PDS.... New Alltrax XCT500 amp with the HD Solenoid--

If someone could please help, with a description and/or pictures

This is how I have it hooked up currently, based off how I disconnected the old Solenoid. Can anyone verify this is correct before I connect power? And tell me where this fuse goes..
TrickCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2017, 06:14 AM   #2
wthompson912
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: HD-400 Solenoid Install/Upgrade HELP!!!

Install instructions attached.
Also on Alltrax page http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_XCT.html
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc113-010-D_KIT_UNIV_ADAPTER_EZGO_Install.pdf (2.52 MB, 0 views)
wthompson912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:22 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

See page 15 of the owners (operators) manual for the install diagram.This solenoid is not polarity sensitive. Only the regen diode is directional. The banded end of the regen diode goes toward the post you have put the main battery cable on.
Here is my step by step PDS install thread > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...s-upgrade.html

The main fuse can go between the main + cable and the solenoid at either end of the main + cable. Or if can go between the main - cable and the controller at either end of the cable. On pg 12 (DCS) it is shown on the main + battery terminal. I prefer it away from the corrosive battery pack location. I put it on the controller or the solenoid. I hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:59 PM   #4
TrickCart
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys! Got it figured out :D

However, within 30 minutes of driving it around and playing with tuning it... I've burned up my stock motor.

I wasn't paying attention to motor temps, and turns out.. the motor at 36v with a 500amp controller and Regen cranked up... Well, lets just say there were some interesting noises and vibrations before it started smoking. I was able to limp it home, and the laser thermometer read the external case at 253 degrees :O

It still drove, but had very little power. And the voltage plummets from 38.2 down to 26.x volts... with alot of shaking the cart around.

I pulled the motor this morning and the smell is rough! Everything inside is nice and black, with some heavy discoloration in areas. The armature still spins and nothing is seized... so I'm hoping that PlumQuick can rebuild it for me
Old 03-27-2017, 04:09 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm surprised you are surprised. There are pages written here and on my website that tell you that is going to happen. given the voltage and amperage you fed the stock motor .... with tall too too I bet. So what's next? A bandit upgrade ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:49 PM   #6
TrickCart
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I'm surprised you are surprised. There are pages written here and on my website that tell you that is going to happen. given the voltage and amperage you fed the stock motor .... with tall too too I bet. So what's next? A bandit upgrade ?
I don't spend as much time on the forums as I used too. So I don't get a chance to read every thread that comes across them.

A Bandit upgrade has always been what I wanted, and have actually been trying to contact PlumQuick all day with no luck. However, after doing some reading and looking at options.. I've learned that PlumQuick does not prefer Regen to be used. And even with the Ausco rear disks I ordered from you when I ordered the XCT500... still easily reaching the 30.5mph mark has me really wanting a Motor that still utilizes Regen.

I just found a thread where you were talking about a similar setup, and the Admiral Motors that you sell... but I've never heard of them, nor know anything about them. I have read that the D&D 5051 handles Regen, puts me in the ballpark of Speed and Torque I want to be in, and still come fairly close ($450) to what the Bandit upgrade would cost after shipping (~$300).

I clearly have more research to do, especially with the Admiral motors
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO