lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2017, 09:46 AM   #1
PRIME23TIME
Not Yet Wild

Default 36v EZGO Marathon Fuse Block

I just bought this ezgo, I believe it is a 94 marathon. There's a fuseblock that looks factory, I'm just curious how this works. Is it ready to use for 12v accessories or do I still need a reducer? Also, there's alot of wire bundles that run to each "corner" of the cart, for lights I believe but there's no lights on it.

image-52879.jpg

image-52511.jpg

F87147941.jpg
PRIME23TIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2017, 11:52 AM   #2
thehill
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 36v EZGO Marathon Fuse Block

It's a 6v current supplied to the block (which itself is rated for probably up to a much higher voltage like 12-18v).

The fuses are 15A I believe.

If you want to run LED accessories you can probably keep using the 6v line and same fuse block. Many LED light bars and etc have a power unit that will take anywhere from 5v-14v to power the lights. Keep in mind if you run something for a long time you will be draining 1 of the 6 batteries faster with additional accessories even in low power LED formats.

IMO a proper 12v seperate system is best.

Also IMO I would switch out that glass fuse block for an ATC fuse block.

Here is an ATC fuse holder from a good company with also a negative block built in: https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Syst...46c35f6e5c8f87

If you want to run accessories on a dedicated 12v line without breaking the bank, here is a $30 battery that can run speakers/lights/etc:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...90afd6d65caf70
thehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:55 AM   #3
thehill
Not Yet Wild

Here is what I turned my setup into with the battery above.

I still run the 'stock' components (EZGO LED tail lights and LED bulbs in front headlights) on 6v with the horn and etc

But I added a 12v system to power everything else.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1546.jpg (171.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-20-2017, 01:08 PM   #4
PRIME23TIME
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. I have that same bluesea fuse block. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something with the block already there. So, I still have to run a voltage reducer, right?
Old 04-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #5
thehill
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRIME23TIME View Post
Thanks for the reply. I have that same bluesea fuse block. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something with the block already there. So, I still have to run a voltage reducer, right?
If you want to power your second added fuse block with 12v without an extra battery - yes.

If you want to power your second added fuse block with another 6v line from another battery - no.

if you want to power your second added fuse block with a new battery - no.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:45 PM   #6
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

My cart is a 2001 txt, so might be different, but the factory fuse block is 12v. Ezgo set it up for 12v by tapping the + post of battery 5 and the negative of battery 6. The downside is that it draws those batteries down unevenly from the rest of the pack. For that reason I put in a reducer.

I'm not sure about a 94 marathon, but I would guess you have 12v at the current fuse block. It seems to be pretty split, as far as what the knowledgeable guys here think, but a reducer or a separate 12v battery would be a better setup.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:05 PM   #7
PRIME23TIME
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. If I install a reducer, do I need an off switch so its not always on? My key switch is only 2 position, on and off.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:41 PM   #8
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The common thread here seems to be that, yes, it's advisable to have a way to shut the reducer off when it's not I use. Especially if the cart will not be used for an extended period. From what I've read here, the reducer has some amount of draw even when not supplying an accessory.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:57 PM   #9
ncrr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

FWIW, I have mine wired to the keyswitch. I wanted to be sure that when the keyswitch is off, everything is off. Years ago I ran a bank way down because I forgot to turn an accessory off. Now that 'marurity' is setting in, I'm guessing that has saved me on more than one occasion. I have not found it at all annoying that I must have the key on to use the radio.
ncrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 06:37 AM   #10
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehill View Post
It's a 6v current supplied to the block (which itself is rated for probably up to a much higher voltage like 12-18v).

The fuses are 15A I believe.
That is most definitely 12v my guy..
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36v marathon, fuse block, voltage reducer
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO