lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2017, 07:28 AM   #1
nighttrain
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 ez-go rxv

I just picked up this cart and by reading different threads this model doesn't appear as if it's very popular , is there anything I should be looking at on this cart that I can fix-upgrade before a problem starts ? The cart "4 passenger " was a camp ground rental, the battery's are 4 years old . The primary use of this cart will be for camp touring and around my property. The cart is stock , no lift 18 inch tires . I'm thinking of putting better-tires on , what is the largest tires I can put on this cart with out a lift ? I'm also thinking of a lift-kit but have read different threads saying the stability is not so great . I'm not planning on off roading with the cart , just looking for the cool look .. sorry about all the new guy questions
nighttrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2017, 07:45 AM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 ez-go rxv

20-21" tires can be fitted with no lift. You will have to trim some of the plastic on the inside of the rear bumper.

BTW This model is very popular in my area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0357.jpg (459.7 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:01 AM   #3
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You'll be very happy with this cart.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:04 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yep, popular here too. My number one piece of advice to an RXV owner. Never press the brake pedal far enough to cause it to lock the wheels (unless you really have to), it harms the mechanical motor brake. If it's a 4-pass, I think you ought to just put some larger tires without a lift, usability & handling will suffer when more people on board if it's lifted.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:16 AM   #5
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Not very popular here either, people are selling them left and right. If you are gonna keep it though I suggest listening to these guys they really know their stuff.
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:27 AM   #6
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm curious so what are they replacing them with and why?
Old 07-18-2017, 12:32 PM   #7
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Either Precedents or 36 volt PDS's (if they can find them) or are just going to gas altogether. No one likes dealing with the braking issues and most everyone around here that works on them doesn't have the time to deal with diagnosing the problems they have. They're good carts when they're running fine but when you start having problems it's pricey and time consuming to repair and people around my area just don't want to deal with all that.
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:13 PM   #8
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I only know one place in the country that RXV's are being dumped and that is The Villages. They have a very unique situation there like no other. They want and need carts that will go 40 to 50 miles before they need gas or a charge. All I can say it's one big place if you ever get a chance to see it do it. Gas is the king there and most are going to the EFI Yamaha's.

I believe in another five years they will be trading in there gas carts for Lithium powered carts. No buying and storing gas and no fumes.

That's my two cents.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:34 PM   #9
B Run
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm supposed to go pick up an 09' electric RXV tomorrow and the more I read the more I'm second guessing if I should buy it. I just sold my TXT today and want a newer 48v but it seems like there's a lot of unhappy owners.
B Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:43 AM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Run View Post
I'm supposed to go pick up an 09' electric RXV tomorrow and the more I read the more I'm second guessing if I should buy it. I just sold my TXT today and want a newer 48v but it seems like there's a lot of unhappy owners.
There are a lot of happy RXV owners as well.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO