lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2017, 05:38 PM   #1
davismw
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO TXT 36V accelerator not working

I have an E-Z-GO TXT 36V with an Alltrax 4855 Controller and a 8 HP GE Motor Model 5BC49JB1132. For some reason the cart will not move when you press the accelerator in forward or reverse. When I turn on the key, the green light on the controller flashes 4 times (which is correct for this model) and when you press the accelerator, the solenoid clicks. When you press the accelerator all the way, the green light on the controller turns orange (which indicates the controller should be providing full power to the motor).

New parts that have been recently added prior to having this problem -
Forward/Reverse Switch and cable to the controller
(recently the switch went bad and burned the cable)
Solenoid (replaced this before i found the problem with the f/r switch)

New parts that have been added in an attempt to fix this problem -
F&R Micro Switch
ITS Inductive Throttle Sensor
(new sensor is reading 0.4v without throttle and 5.5v with throttle inserted)

The following are test I have perform -

On the motor, I jumped A1 to S1 and A2 to S2, then used jumper cables to 12V battery with A1 on ground and A2 on positive, and the motor turned the wheels (assume the motor is good)
On the motor, voltage to A1, A2, S1, and S2 with switch in forward reads 21.8V and declines to zero when you press the accelerator.
Voltage to A1 and A2 with the switch in reverse does the same, but S1 and S2 read 38V and does not decline when you press the accelerator.
Bypassed solenoid by bolting both cables to the post connecting to the controller and no change.
Bypassed key switch and connected directly to battery and no change.
Voltage between M1 and B+ post is 16V and increases to 38V when you press accelerator. Read that voltage should be 0 when accelerator is not pressed, but need confirmation.
Both the red and black wires on the controller read 9.5V and declines to 5.5V when you press accelerator
Cleaned and check cables

I would appreciate any help to assist in identifying the problem.
davismw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2017, 11:26 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT 36V accelerator not working

Number one thing we need to know is if the solenoid clicks when the accelerator is pressed.

If so, there may be an adjustment needed on the FNR. The FNR support has slotted holes, to allow adjustment, so it goes all the way to the stops, both in F and R. I'm hesitant to think this is the problem, as yours doesn't work in F or R. Given the troubleshooting you've already done, the following may not be applicable.

Look under the cart, and follow the cable that comes from the throttle box, and ends with a 4 wire Molex connector. This connects the throttle MS and ITS to the wiring harness. If the MS wires are bad, the solenoid won't click. If it's the ITS wires, the solenois won't give the controller the signal to go. Remove the connector, spray contact cleaner and plug/unplug/plug repeatedly. If this fixes the problem, you're good, but may want to eliminate the plug. If this doesn't fix it, you should open the throttle box, and
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO