lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2017, 03:39 PM   #1
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Rear End off alignment after lift Drive2

I removed the Jakes 3" spindle Lift and installed a 4" A-Arm Madjax lift for a better ride.

The lift was a complete nightmare to install. I've installed 5-6 of these in the past in Club Precedent's, and for the Drive2, they simply were off on all their engineering with this lift.

I have the front alignment completed with the camber/ toe out adjustments, yes I know Madjax is the only manufacture to tow out, I've been through this debate many times over the past few years on this.

The bracket in the rear of the cart, that bolts upto the stock bracket, and bottom of bagwell, where the Anti-Sway arms connects at the bottom, has 2 holes on the Madjax kit. The top hole I end up 3/4" crooked with the rear end.
The bottom hole I end up 1/4" crooked. So If I measure front hub to rear hub on both sides, I end up a 1/4" off.

At full speeds, the cart feels like it's not stable, like when an alignment is not done correctly. It feels like it's on ice.

I have a Electric Drive2, and my friend is installing the exact same kit on a 4 day old Drive2 he just bought, and we bought had the same issues installing it. What should have taken about 3 hours, took us about 10+ so far to install this lift because Madjax just screwed this whole thing up.

Multiple phone calls to them with no return call either. This will be the last Madjax Anything I buy, and I've built over a dozen carts in the past few years, all using their parts.

What's the best way to know the rear end is square with the cart, and installed correctly ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170820_162518.jpg (257.3 KB, 0 views)
fltekdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2017, 07:59 AM   #2
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Rear End off alignment after lift Drive2

Don't know if I can explain this very well or not?

Are you taking your measurements with no one in the cart? The measurements will change with weight as the suspension is compressed on this Yam design.

The Yam design has a single front pivot point swing arm and the bar you are calling a sway bar is what keeps the rear end some what square. But as weight is added the distances between the two mounting points of this bar is shortened, thus pulling the swing arm/axle to the drivers side. The bar setting in your pic, any weight added will decrease the wheel base on drivers side and increase passengers side. I have never actually taken the measurements to see how much it moves. 1/4 inch seems like a lot.

Old school frame straitening, plum bobs and tape measure!
Is there any adjustment in the axle to swing arm?
Any adjustment in the frame mounted plate the arm connects too?
I would try to do the set up with the weight in the cart as it will be used.
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:16 AM   #3
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Rear End off alignment after lift Drive2

Thanks, I been taking the measurements with the weight off the cart, nobody on it.

If I goto the top hole on the Arm off the braket provided by Madjax, the rear end is 3/4" difference from the front hub to the rear hub
If I goto the bottom hole, it's 1/4" off between the 2 hubs, front/rear when measuring
This is while the cart is sitting still, no passengers or weight

Theirs no adjustment for the axle to swing arm that I can see,. or frame plate. Only thing I see Is a U where the rear axle bolts upto the cart. The U / Frame has 2 bolt holes preset at the factory.

Right now I did more adjustments, found out I was 1" toe-in on the front alignment rather then 1/4" toe out

After some adjustments last night, the cart rides perfect now, and tracks straight , and feels great at full speed.

I just want to make sure the rear end is properly aligned also. I rode the cart around for 2 hours last night, and very happy with the ride and feel
fltekdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha