lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2018, 09:34 PM   #21
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: when is club car ds discontinued?

Designer and Don Saparito shouldn’t be used in the same sentence......hahahaha. I kid. Just razzing the DS boys here.

The chassis and ride is much different to me on the Precedent. People seem to like the DS “solid” feel but that is due to a weight difference and less of the actual sturdiness of the Cart. Throw an extra 200 pounds on a Precedent chassis and you’d get a similar feel.

The drive train/controller set up on the DS is a bit more flexible imo for upgrades and mods though which is why I think people who have a mind to mod a cart buy them. That and cost.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2018, 09:39 PM   #22
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
We are always late to the game (still see cars from 10-20 years ago all the time) but I wasn't aware they discontinued the DS?

I still come across some of the really old ones with the fiberglass square front body that looks a lot like some old car front end and has hydraulic brakes and three pedals!

I'm no fan of the Precedents though, mainly their seats coming unglued, some service is much harder (having to remove gas tank just to replace/clean a carburetor) and the front body warping and never staying inside the plastic body cladding, etc.
The plastic seat bottoms were replaced with wood seat bottoms somewhere around 2010 or so. The glue problem has been solved. I must agree with you though about working on them. When it comes to gas cars, the DS is far easier to work on. But when it comes to electric cars, give me the Precedent. The plastic beauty panel will stay in the fascia if you make sure it's fully engaged in all five of the clips. If it's only partially engaged in only one of them, it will eventually wiggle itself out. Especially on painted bodies where the clips are a little thicker than normal, I've had to take a flathead screwdriver and insert it behind the clips and pry until I hear a click. If they engage, they stay put.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:45 PM   #23
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

I'm all good on the Electric Precedents until they switched from 4 12V batteries to the 6 8Vs. Mainly because now access to controller/solenoid is a royal pain in the empennage. you have to get under it and work in tight quarters.
nickdalzell1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:46 PM   #24
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
I'm all good on the Electric Precedents until they switched from 4 12V batteries to the 6 8Vs. Mainly because now access to controller/solenoid is a royal pain in the empennage. you have to get under it and work in tight quarters.
Pull the two center batteries out and fold the panel down. Much easier.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:46 PM   #25
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

D/S car, Best car Club Car ever made. Precedent gas is a good money maker.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:47 PM   #26
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

They are really common around here- the DS's that is. And I love them. The DS is much more solidly built than the Precedent.

Btw, nickdalzell1, the old ones with three pedals are considered a "Caroche" and from what I've heard, the hydraulic brakes are hard to find parts for.
LukeL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:50 PM   #27
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Yeah the last three that rolled in the customer had to live without brakes. Mostly using it off road so they didn't care. The main issue was when the gas pedal tends to make all 3 move so you're hitting brakes/parking brake as you accelerate. tried all I could with PB B'laster but no dice.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:01 PM   #28
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Yeah the last three that rolled in the customer had to live without brakes. Mostly using it off road so they didn't care. The main issue was when the gas pedal tends to make all 3 move so you're hitting brakes/parking brake as you accelerate. tried all I could with PB B'laster but no dice.
I know there are some members on this site who have rebuilt the brakes. Aflyer is doing a great rebuild thread on a Caroche-based car. I've never actually worked on one myself, although theres a pretty nice looking one for sale in my area.
LukeL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:03 PM   #29
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

The ones we get in (they're getting rare, 3 in only 10 years) have the brake system so far gone the cylinder itself is full of water, the lines rusted away completely, and the calipers rusted frozen or missing entirely (bad customer repair for frozen hubs), and even lines cut by customer.

Usually they come in because the 5 solenoid system has one go out and disables the entire car
Old 06-07-2018, 11:08 PM   #30
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
D/S car, Best car Club Car ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
They are really common around here- the DS's that is. And I love them.
Amen! DS's all the way! (but to those of you who equally love the Precedent's, nothing wrong with that at all!! )
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car