lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2018, 10:20 PM   #1
mdowney
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Battery usage / Li replacement questions

Hello, bought a 2000.5 DS 48v, series cart with batts ~5 yrs old. Voltage on pack is 50.9 after charge, hydrometer readings for all cells are in the good range. When running the cart, the voltage drops to as low as 46v but at rest it’s back to 50.2-50.6. Is this normal? I don’t run the cart more than playing 9-18 holes 2-3 times per month.

I know I’ll need to replace the pack sooner rather than later. I did see an old thread regarding Li batteries. Has anyone upgraded to Li? How do you figure the amps for the battery. I’ve got six 8v batteries. Is there a site you can recommend?

Thank you.
Mike
mdowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2018, 10:47 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Battery usage / Li replacement questions

Your voltage readings are good, actually very good for 5 year old batteries. I do not see a replacement in your near future since they are obviously meeting your needs, so get the bang for your buck out of them

Lithium Packs are somewhat nebulous in the fact they are still fairly new to being integrated into carts but there are limited suppliers into "turn-key" set ups and most have been getting Volt or Leaf batteries and making their own packs.

Look at wattage on the lithium. 3200-4000 watts will pretty much give you all you need. evbatterycenter.com was the last one to sell the complete pack (but they do not anymore) and there are several more we have heard will be releasing their own line for them. Best advice, research, research, research....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:09 PM   #3
mdowney
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Battery usage / Li replacement questions

Nole Fan thank you very much! Also thank you for the help with running the 4G through the OBC, the cart runs fine. Should have known, trying to rout around was too easy.
mdowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car