lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2018, 04:44 AM   #1
Sideways
Gone Wild

Default Want to add a 12v fan

As the weather warms up and I get older, I'm looking for suggestions on adding a 12v fan to my 94 Medalist (48v) to use while golfing.
I have a 12v outlet wired to my reducer so the clip on fan is an option but not my first choice.
I have room to add accessories to my voltage reducer, so hard wiring with a switch is an option as well.
I was thinking a roof style fan with cover like they use on RV's but not sure if they would draw the battery pack down to quick.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2018, 01:19 PM   #2
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Default Re: Want to add a 12v fan

I recently mocked an A/C unit with my built in rear seat cooler. Cut a hole in cooler - ran fan into cooler and cut an output hole that a shop vac hose runs from. It blows cold for a good 3 hours and I fill back up with ice as it melts out..

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-tricks-3.html
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 03:13 PM   #3
dan4mbenz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
I recently mocked an A/C unit with my built in rear seat cooler. Cut a hole in cooler - ran fan into cooler and cut an output hole that a shop vac hose runs from. It blows cold for a good 3 hours and I fill back up with ice as it melts out..

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-tricks-3.html

I would like to see pictures of this set up!
dan4mbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:21 PM   #4
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Click that link I put in reply - I think it will take you to the right page - page 3 I believe

Pretty easy mock - a dremel will do ya. I ran fan to a rocker switch in dash - everyone on the course gets a big kick out of it, and it WORKS!! ��
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:49 PM   #5
Sideways
Gone Wild

The link works fine Dela, nice setup.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO