lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2019, 08:20 PM   #1
Role
Gone Wild

Question 2015 BadBoy iS Crew 72 Volt - PDO Timeout Curtis Controller Help

2015 Badboy buggie 72 volt with DUAL AC 1236 Curtis controllers.

One of the controllers was blinking an error code. "traction throttle mismatch"

I did something stupid and plugged my programmer into the driver side controller and copied the .cpf file.

I then took the .cpf file from the driver controller and cloned it to the passenger controller.

Now, when I turn the ignition key ON, I'm getting a PDO TIMEOUT message and it's causing the solenoid not to audibly click when turning the key ON.

I guess my assumption was both controllers were the same, with the same settings.

But apparently they are not.

Any idea where in the settings I can go to fix the PDO TIMEOUT error and to get the solenoid to audibly click on start up like it normally would?

Any help is appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0104.jpg (137.5 KB, 0 views)
Role is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2019, 11:25 PM   #2
Role
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2015 BadBoy iS Crew 72 Volt - PDO Timeout Curtis Controller Help

Here's an update*
May have found someone with the original BadBoy firmware files to be loaded and flashed back to each controller to fix the PDO timeout problem. Hopefully, I can get that and resolve the issue.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:10 PM   #3
Role
Gone Wild

Still have not been able to find anyone who has the factory firmware for the Curtis 1236-6305 AC Controllers. Not even local EZGO badboy dealer has these files. And they won't let me take my OEM programmer and plug it in to just copy the firmware to my programmer. Screwed? Should I just tell my buddy to throw his cart away?
Old 10-11-2019, 06:45 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I guess it's too late to tell you that the first thing you EVER do is to save the original .cpf file from both controllers PRIOR to making any changes on either.

One controller is defined as master and the other is defined as slave. When you cloned the settings, you defined both as either master or slave, hence no Comms between them.

I don't blame them for not trusting you to pull files from another cart. You had proven yourself incompetent with your actions with the cart you corrupted the controller in. Besides, a save of those controllers files would probably not help you one bit. Every little variance in programming from your programming, through the years to the most current model, will not have "homes" in the older versions OS/VCL to save that data to. You must pull the files from an identical pair of controllers to yours. OS and VCL Version/Revision.

Besides, you're really going to need a minimum of a Factory level programming station to get complete saves of the controllers, beyond just the parameter settings. Remember the question in advanced cloning? Where it asked you if you wished to overwrite settings above your access level? That is where the reading software would have actually been able to save those settings, had it been of high enough level. OEM level cannot access everything contained in a controller.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:26 AM   #5
Role
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I guess it's too late to tell you that the first thing you EVER do is to save the original .cpf file from both controllers PRIOR to making any changes on either.

I don't blame them for not trusting you to pull files from another cart. You had proven yourself incompetent with your actions with the cart you corrupted the controller in.

Besides, you're really going to need a minimum of a Factory level programming station to get complete saves of the controllers, beyond just the parameter settings. Remember the question in advanced cloning? Where it asked you if you wished to overwrite settings above your access level? That is where the reading software would have actually been able to save those settings, had it been of high enough level. OEM level cannot access everything contained in a controller.

Bob
Thanks for your input Bob, but do not be condescending, incompetent? I think not. I'm well versed and build some of the finest carts in the industry, you can drop your ego.

Saving a .cpf file from another controller without touching any settings is not a difficult task.

I do realize that I should have saved both .cpf files from each controller although, I did save one controllers .cpf file.

I did see the screen from advanced clone settings on my OEM level programmer.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:23 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
Thanks for your input Bob, but do not be condescending, incompetent? I think not. I'm well versed and build some of the finest carts in the industry, you can drop your ego.

Saving a .cpf file from another controller without touching any settings is not a difficult task.

I do realize that I should have saved both .cpf files from each controller although, I did save one controllers .cpf file.

I did see the screen from advanced clone settings on my OEM level programmer.
Being able to build fine carts has no bearing on controller programming competence. I had been a custom EV manufacturer for 17 years. I spent the last 10 years of that business as a Factory level (beyond OEM level) Curtis programmer. I now use my Development level programmer for reflashing controllers and bringing many of them back from the "dead" so to speak. I wrote controller OS and programming software, so I have a bit of experience when it comes to Curtis controllers. I'm not intending to insult you. I just pointed out the obvious.

What every competent programmer should do... Make a backup of EVERY controller that is connected to, and place it into an archive, just in case something goes wrong or gets messed up. Verify the backup was saved and is a good file, prior to making any changes. Then archive a changed controller file, prior to shutting down the programming station or handset. This way, you have a before and after save. This comes in handy for more than just CYA in case you make a mistake. This allows you to go back and look at a customers vehicle, in detail, for error codes that were saved in that file, to identify most issues that had occured prior to you making changes. This way, you can tell if errors were caused by your changes, or were indicated in the prior data as a pre-existing condition. I have given customers lists of their error codes, when they occured, and many times what they indicated as the cause and when/if the fault(s) causing the errors were corrected. There are many dozens of members on this forum that can confirm what I say here, because they experienced this level of interaction with me. I treat each and every cart as an EV, because it is. I'm an engineer, at multiple levels. My highest degree is in AeroSpace. I worked in a highly classified environment most of my life, so I lack a lot of people skills.

Again, I was not trying to insult you. I just want you to understand where I am coming from.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 02:04 PM   #7
Role
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Being able to build fine carts has no bearing on controller programming competence. I had been a custom EV manufacturer for 17 years. I spent the last 10 years of that business as a Factory level (beyond OEM level) Curtis programmer. I now use my Development level programmer for reflashing controllers and bringing many of them back from the "dead" so to speak. I wrote controller OS and programming software, so I have a bit of experience when it comes to Curtis controllers. I'm not intending to insult you. I just pointed out the obvious.

Again, I was not trying to insult you. I just want you to understand where I am coming from.

Bob
No harm done, Bob. I appreciate the insight and information.

Any idea how I can get this fixed? Could you help fix it? I would be happy to pay you for your time and for the experience of learning from my mistake.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:58 PM   #8
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

I know this is old, but where the heck is the programming port on these buggies? Lol
reeseman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 08:21 AM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Square molex port on the face of the controller.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 05:42 PM   #10
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Thank you!
reeseman44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
72 volt, badboy buggie, cloning, curtis control box issue
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO