lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2019, 09:47 AM   #1
buckeyejudge
Getting Wild

Default EZGo TXT driving while charging

I thought that the purpose of the reed switch was to keep a cart from being able to be driven while its being charged.
Then, whenever you have to bypass this reed switch, you have to be careful because youve essentially bypassed this safety feature. Is that correct?
Well, I have a TXT 36 volt series cart that has the reed switch intact, but will still drive with the battery charger hooked up. What is wrong, how is that possible? How can I fix it?

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
buckeyejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2019, 10:42 AM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EZGo TXT driving while charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyejudge View Post
I thought that the purpose of the reed switch was to keep a cart from being able to be driven while its being charged.
Then, whenever you have to bypass this reed switch, you have to be careful because youve essentially bypassed this safety feature. Is that correct?
Well, I have a TXT 36 volt series cart that has the reed switch intact, but will still drive with the battery charger hooked up. What is wrong, how is that possible? How can I fix it?

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
Open the top of your cart charge receptacle and take a detailed photo of the three wires inside. Post it here.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:20 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

It depends on the year of the cart. My 2008 TXT looks like it has a reed switch installed, but it is actually a small glass encased fuse with axial leads that was factory installed.

It also depends on the charger plug. There has to be a magnet installed or the reed switch won't be opened when charger is plugged in.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:54 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I believe if the 3rd little wire on charge port is white, it's a reed switch, if it's red, it's factory bypassed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO