lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2019, 01:20 PM   #1
jmoore89
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo-txt troubleshooting question

I apologize if this issue has been covered but I could not find it when I searched different sites and other threads. After review of several troubleshooting guides and electric diagrams I am asking for help and suggestions!

cart: (believe 05ish) Ezgo go txt pds 36v (has dash forward/reverse switch and tow/maint. switch)

Few weeks ago I recently installed an alltrax xct400pds controller along with a jcc-200 solenoid to fix the issue of my Curtis controller burning up. Everything has been working great until the other day the cart will not move. Solenoid will not click in F/R. Meter is showing voltage is making it to the right places (from what I can tell) but no movement. One main question I have is regarding the solenoid small terminal wires.[/B] Several wiring diagrams (including ezgo manual) say there should be red/black wires coming off small terminal posts. I don't have red/black I only have yellow/blue which is consistent with the Alltrax website diagram.

Here is results step by step for voltage test:
v battery - & battery side solenoid = 37.1
v battery - & controller side solenoid = 36.8
v battery - & contoller b+ = 36.8
v contoller b- & controller b+ = 36.8
key on, forward, pedal down = no solenoid click
key on, forw, pedal down= 0v across small terminals
key on, forw, pedal down vol. between bat - & small solenoid term= 37.2

I can include pictures if that helps. I believe I have the wiring correct as the cart was working great after I put the new controller/solenoid in.

thanks in advance
jmoore89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2019, 07:20 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo-txt troubleshooting question

The pds solenoid wires are yellow and blue. Yellow being positive and blue being negative. The controller sends the negative once the pedal is pressed.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:22 PM   #3
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Your voltage is low, but shouldn't be low enough to make the controller not power up. Do you get any lights from the controller? Any trouble codes?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:27 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here is the Alltrax schematic for a XCTxxxxx-PDS controller in a PDS cart.

The controller supplies both B+ and B- to solenoid coil.

Since the solenoid doesn't click, the first place to check is for B+ J1 Pins 4 & 5 ( J1 is labeled C1 on Alltrax schematic)

------------
BTW: schematics with red and black wires going to the solenoid coil are for series drive carts, you have a PDS (sepex) drive system.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT-PDS with regen diode.jpg (213.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:39 PM   #5
jmoore89
Not Yet Wild

no trouble codes. altrax controller shows solid green light when powered on
Old 11-13-2019, 06:35 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Normal power up sequence should be 4 green blinks followed by steady green.
The first set of green blinks identifies which throttle type is programmed into the XCT controller. (4 blinks = EZGO ITS)

If you push the pedal to the floor, the steady green should switch to steady yellow (100% throttle) or blinking yellow (100% throttle and in current limiting)

------------
What is the voltage on J1 Pins 4 & 5 ????????????????????????????
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:06 PM   #7
jmoore89
Not Yet Wild

voltage for J1 pins 4/5 = 0. all the pins were 0 exept for pins 1 & 2 which were 37v.

When the key is turned on, start up light is 4 green blinks followed by solid green light. when pedal is pressed to floor, no change happens to the light. It stays solid green.
I am going to take a swing and say the controller is never getting the signal......pedal box issue?
Old 11-15-2019, 03:29 PM   #8
jmoore89
Not Yet Wild

Ok might have found a problem, not sure what diagram I used to wire it but believe I had the small solenoid wires mixed up and on the wrong post. Blue was on the battery pack side of solenoid and yellow was on the controller side.

also, looks like I ran the A2 wire from the motor directly to the large solenoid post that also at the wire coming from controller B+. I moved motor A2 to the controller B+. So the solenoid only has 1 large wire on the controller side (coming from B+) and one on the battery side coming from battery pack +.

The cart worked for several weeks like this But if this was incorrect then so was my diode. I had it backwards as well. hopefully those mistakes did not mess up my new controller. Still scratching my head why the cart would have ran fine with the screw up.

Checked the V for J1 pins 4&5 and its still 0. Checked all the pins and after I moved the above wires....now they all are 0.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:55 PM   #9
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You need Johnnieb, and I’m sure he’ll be along soon, but don’t worry about the solenoid small posts +, -. Unless your solenoid is polarity sensitive, it doesn’t matter. The two small posts only serve to energize a coil that mechanically completes the circuit of what is on each side of the large posts. Besides, the cart was running, correct?

I don’t have the knowledge to help you with the rest of it, but didn’t want you wasting any time worrying about that part.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 05:45 PM   #10
jmoore89
Not Yet Wild

correct, the cart was running fine after I installed the alltrax controller. Parked it and came out the next morning and it didn't move, solenoid isn't clicking at all. No error lights on the controller to indicate anything wrong
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO