lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2019, 02:13 PM   #1
bveillon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Navitas vs Curtis 350 amp

I know there's been a few threads on the subject but, how much better is the 350amp Curtis controller vs the Navitas controller? Is the Curtis considerably better that it outweighs the lower price and Bluetooth connection of the Navitas?
bveillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2019, 04:31 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Navitas vs Curtis 350 amp

That's like asking "is Chevy or Ford better". It's all opinion. With what I can do with the Curtis, I would go Curtis every time. Also, Chevy is better.

Like I said, all opinion.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:55 PM   #3
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

CURTIS....hundreds of thousand of units in the market place. Been the controller of choice by EZGO & Club Car for decades. Some folks will gamble with "Fancy Stuff" however the bottom line is cost, reliability & service.
My Paw was a Chevy Man, told us kids to never bring a Ford to his house
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:12 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The limitations of the original question are more than i can bear
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:41 PM   #5
bveillon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, that has me leaning towards Curtis. The main reason I was considering Navitas was being able to control some of the parameters myself.
But, I've got time before getting a new controller; I need new batteries first.
bveillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:13 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I'm still not sold on the "Bluetooth everything", and it's not because I cant figure out the idea of Bluetooth (I have several BT things, and can figure out how to link BT in obscure Linux places). First, Never once been able to link to Lester BT chargers, tried several phones & iPad. Second, if the BT gives you options of (let's say 10, not sure) menus in Navitas, I have over 100 in Curtis controllers. And the resolution is better in Curtis software. Most Curtis adjustments give you fine tuning to the smallest degree. There is no "low-medium-high" in Curtis world. Need to run a solenoid at 24v, instead of 48v? No problem. Plus they have parameters to "treat the equipment nice". The amount of adjustability is unmatched. Maybe Navitas is trying to bridge the gap. No one does "easily set up & tweaked as you prefer, with versatility for everything you can imagine" like Alltrax for the "upgrade at home" crowd, but they don't offer a AC Rxv controller. No one offers the "can do anything you can imagine & many things you never knew about" Curtis does (but you have to know exactly what your doing, not good for "home gamer crowd"). I have never seen any RXV Navitas near what I can do with a Curtis RXV (stock curtis, or 350a upgrade). I admit, I need more time playing with Navitas. I do consider Navitas AMP claims over-rated. Everyone who came along trying to "show me it, and sell me it" didn't have much to say when I gave them a ride in what I could do with a totally stock rxv.

As you can guess, I do have fun when the "next big deal" sales guys make it past the front office to get me to "look at" their awesome new product pitch (they have to convince the boss that it "could be a good idea" before I see it). And occasionally, I get to make their products do things that surprised them. (They usually "really don't like" that). I've had factory guys saying "NO, NO, NO, NO, NO MORE!" before. (That's the most fun you've ever had with those types, slick-pitching factory sales reps)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO