lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2020, 02:15 PM   #11
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 96 Lifted Club Car DS - Low Voltage on MicroSW

Power going to your shift lever limit switches comes from solenoid main post on Green wire to the key switch, from there it goes Blue wire to the Throttle switch first, then to the Limit switches on Green/White wire.

Check voltage at the Key switch You should have pack voltage. If not then you need to check the Green wire at the solenoid large post, same as the Red cable from pack Positive. If you have pack voltage at the Green wire at the solenoid, but not at the key switch, replace the wire from the solenoid to key switch.

You should probably replace all of the battery and motor cables especially the ones at the FnR switch, because I see some nasty corrosion and exposed wire in the pics you posted. It may also be a good idea to replace that FnR switch with a heavy duty version since this cart has a higher power motor.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2020, 04:30 PM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Power going to your shift lever limit switches comes from solenoid main post on Green wire to the key switch, from there it goes Blue wire to the Throttle switch first, then to the Limit switches on Green/White wire.

Check voltage at the Key switch You should have pack voltage. If not then you need to check the Green wire at the solenoid large post, same as the Red cable from pack Positive. If you have pack voltage at the Green wire at the solenoid, but not at the key switch, replace the wire from the solenoid to key switch.

You should probably replace all of the battery and motor cables especially the ones at the FnR switch, because I see some nasty corrosion and exposed wire in the pics you posted. It may also be a good idea to replace that FnR switch with a heavy duty version since this cart has a higher power motor.
Yeah, and he says he has a lighted toggle for a key switch that lights when he presses the go pedal. There's a lot of stuff out of whack here.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:49 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I missed the lighted toggle switch comment....

Reading that comment again on how it is wire it did not mention the Green wire that brings power from the battery pack to the key switch.

If the toggle switch is just wired to the orange/white wire on the battery light then you would be providing a lower voltage to the pedal since the OBC powers the warning light with around 32v and you have it in series with the circuit.

The toggle switch should not light without a negative and it would need to have a 48v light.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 04:30 PM   #14
entrican
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Yeah, and he says he has a lighted toggle for a key switch that lights when he presses the go pedal. There's a lot of stuff out of whack here.
agreed - i pulled ALL wiring and am now re-wiring the entire cart. First thing I discovered was the FNR switch had been physically altered in such a way that in (F) it raised all 3 micro-switch fingers, in (R) it raised all 3 micro-switch fingers ... who does this kinda crud ... smh
entrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 04:32 PM   #15
entrican
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I missed the lighted toggle switch comment....

Reading that comment again on how it is wire it did not mention the Green wire that brings power from the battery pack to the key switch.

If the toggle switch is just wired to the orange/white wire on the battery light then you would be providing a lower voltage to the pedal since the OBC powers the warning light with around 32v and you have it in series with the circuit.

The toggle switch should not light without a negative and it would need to have a 48v light.
Thank you - you've been a big help and I decided to just yank all wiring and re-do it. There's some real cruddy work been done on this cart. Your comment about my FNR switch and the states of the micro-switches lead me to discover the FNR switch had been physically altered in such a way that it activated all 3 fingers in (F) and (R). Who does this sort of crud? smh

Thank you for all the help!
Old 01-19-2020, 11:35 PM   #16
entrican
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I ended up re-wiring the cart and all is well now. There was some really shotty wiring on this cart, but everything else is in good shape.

Last problem to figure out is shuttering under acceleration. I believe this has something to do with the batteries.

Thanks for all your help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car