lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2020, 05:36 PM   #1
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 2008 EZ-GO 48V Conversion

Cart has a lift and larger tires . We upgraded cables already and it has an upgraded plum quick motor but it is still a dog!

Going to have a good set of 48V batteries I am pulling out of my club car so Going to upgrade my mother in laws EZGO..

I already have a 400 amp solenoid with diode/resistor to use for the swap, and batteries and cables are already taken care of.

I did this swap on my old cart but its been 4-5 years so trying to remember what all it involves, I know I still need a new controller, F&R switch, 12V converter and a charger. AM I forgetting anything?

trying to build this on a budget, Will the alltrax SR48400 controller be Ok or should we spend the extra for the 500 amp controller? Not looking for anything crazy. Just flat streets with oversized tires and sometimes 4 passengers
jeffro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2020, 07:26 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 EZ-GO 48V Conversion

the SR48400 on 48v should be okay. The key factor making this application work is flat streets. Change that to hills or big tires, sloping streets, or big motor, and it would be marginal... even with oversized tires, assuming proper inflation, the 400 on 48v should be fine.
So you will need a 470 ohm precharge resistor and a 3a diode for the solenoid on 48v
A good DC converter and a good charger like Lester Summit 2 is essential to a healthy pack.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO