lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2020, 12:17 AM   #1
gvanevans
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV diagnostic tool Jacksonville Fl.

Good evening. I have a 2010 EZGO RXV. My motor brake went out and I replaced it. Cart will not go. Is there anyone in Jacksonville Fl. ( I’m staying at the flamingo Lake Rv resort While my job is going on here ) who has a diagnostic tool I can hook to it. I am more than willing to pay. Just getting tired of working on it with no direction to go.
gvanevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2020, 01:13 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: RXV diagnostic tool Jacksonville Fl.

Smart move! When you get the "real dirt" it'll be easier. Look closely for "salty looking wires" at the left & right side of the harness where they pass around the front corners of the batteries & where the harness goes back to the motor on passenger side above the batteries (look at the actual wires, not the black loom covering the group of wires). Even pull up the floor mat & cover where the wires go to the pedals. Corrosion is a huge problem on those. I've replaced so many "completely ruined harnesses" on those, it's not even funny. Many of the wires looked "pregnant", like they were gonna give birth to a "baby wire"....its so "funny", I wish I could laugh. If they look like they have salt all over the wires, your in trouble. Most times, the problems are so deep, its easiest to just buy the harness.

Hope you get lucky & have an easy one.

Been to "ezgo training school" a few times, they say "yeah, we fixed that a long time ago".. they hate me in their class, and I hate their lies.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 02:58 AM   #3
gvanevans
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. I love the golf cart. I also have a Club Car 48 volt cart. I've done tons of work on it. I used to think I was pretty smart. But according to the new golf cart I am not. It just got so frustrating I'm now driving around the club car. I honestly believe I could figure out how to do a heart bypass easier than I could diagnose that cart without a diagnostic tool. Hopefully somebody will be close by. And by close by I mean a hundred miles or so.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:55 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I'll be passing by the Jacksonville FL area this coming friday, Feb 7th, on my way south. I carry a Danaher diagnostic handset with me. You'll need to make one more post, then wait an hour so you can either send a PM to usgicollector, or have him PM you. He can get your information and relay it to me. I do have a reprogramming stop not so far away...

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:11 AM   #5
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvanevans View Post
Thanks for the reply. I love the golf cart. I also have a Club Car 48 volt cart. I've done tons of work on it. I used to think I was pretty smart. But according to the new golf cart I am not. It just got so frustrating I'm now driving around the club car. I honestly believe I could figure out how to do a heart bypass easier than I could diagnose that cart without a diagnostic tool. Hopefully somebody will be close by. And by close by I mean a hundred miles or so.
Bob will be going by Jacksonville today Friday 02/07/2020 if you still need help.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:45 AM   #6
gvanevans
Not Yet Wild

Sorry I missed your post. I got hurt and was out of it for awhile. That would've been perfect. Not coming back by anytime soon are you
Old 02-29-2020, 12:54 PM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Sorry I missed your post. I got hurt and was out of it for awhile. That would've been perfect. Not coming back by anytime soon are you
I will not be going south via I-95 again this year. I only went that way to meet up with another member, and I was willing to stop by and run diagnostics for you while I was close. I take I-75 south to Florida since it is so much nearer to me here in TN, and most of my stops are along I-75 on both sides of the interstate. With the COVID-19 coronavirus beginning to pop up in random locations in the US, I must curtail my travels. I cannot allow myself to get infected and expose President Trump to that risk of infection. My work for him takes priority over programming carts.
Old 02-29-2020, 02:33 PM   #8
gvanevans
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I got hit in the head. 14 Staples, Knocked out cold. I've had a few problems but better now. Sorry I missed you. Good luck to you
Old 02-29-2020, 04:14 PM   #9
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks. I got hit in the head. 14 Staples, Knocked out cold. I've had a few problems but better now. Sorry I missed you. Good luck to you
Ouch, that certainly sounds painful. I wish you a full recovery, and God bless you.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:06 PM   #10
Dmax5714
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob you are still programming carts was going to send one to you next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dmax5714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO