lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2020, 09:06 AM   #1
DevinS
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO TXT PDS solenoid problems?

Hello first time posting on this form, I have an 06 EZGO TXT PDS that I use to drive around town for fun, while driving it just stopped getting power to the motor. I have done some looking and checked some voltages. I have 38v on my battery bank and the key switch is working and providing power. The solenoid is clicking as soon as the key turns on or when I switch the cart from tow to run. I checked voltages and I have 38v on both big terminals. When I check the small terminals I have a constant 36v when measuring from yellow to blue. I was think the solenoid was bad but I hear it click when I turn the switch on.
DevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2020, 12:51 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT PDS solenoid problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinS View Post
Hello first time posting on this form, I have an 06 EZGO TXT PDS that I use to drive around town for fun, while driving it just stopped getting power to the motor. I have done some looking and checked some voltages. I have 38v on my battery bank and the key switch is working and providing power. The solenoid is clicking as soon as the key turns on or when I switch the cart from tow to run. I checked voltages and I have 38v on both big terminals. When I check the small terminals I have a constant 36v when measuring from yellow to blue. I was think the solenoid was bad but I hear it click when I turn the switch on.
Those two statements indicate the solenoid is working normally.

Connect your DVM between the controller's B- and M- (labeled A1 of a stock PDS controller) terminals.

Press pedal just far enough for solenoid to click and you should read full battery pack voltage (38.2 when fully charged).

If you don't the is a bad cable connection or contacts in the high current circuit. Highlighted in Red and Blue on attached schematic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS - High current traced.JPG (65.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 10:25 PM   #3
DevinS
Not Yet Wild

When I turn on the key the solenoid clicks right away so when I push on the foot pedal nothing happens there is not click since the solenoid is already engaged. Thank you for your help in advance!
Old 06-15-2020, 11:39 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Download the Service, Parts and Owners manuals here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

They are the top three .pdf files.

There is a trouble shooting tree for a PDS drive starting on page F-10 in the Service manual
Old 06-15-2020, 09:28 PM   #5
DevinS
Not Yet Wild

I am currently out of town, I’m thinking it is going to be a bad controller or pedal control. If the controller is bad, and I have to replace it, would you recommend going oem or should I upgrade since I have to spend the money anyway?
Old 06-16-2020, 08:47 AM   #6
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Place a jumper wire from B- to the blue wire on the solenoid. The solenoid should click when you do that. If the cart still run after you do that the controller has failed to supply the negative to the solenoid and is bad. Could also be a bad pedal micro switch.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 10:16 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinS View Post
I am currently out of town, I’m thinking it is going to be a bad controller or pedal control. If the controller is bad, and I have to replace it, would you recommend going oem or should I upgrade since I have to spend the money anyway?
If it is a bad controller, replace it with an Alltrax XCT48400PDS (or larger), along with a higher rated solenoid and 4Ga (or thicker) cables, all 10 of them.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:59 AM   #8
DevinS
Not Yet Wild

So I just want to be clear, I can't test to see if the solenoid clicks since when I turn on the key the solenoid "clicks" right away. It is getting power constantly.
Old 06-19-2020, 10:06 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think in this cart the solenoid does normally click closed when the key is switched on so the controller can precharge and the cart is ready to go.
If the pedal is not depressed the solenoid will disengage after about 1 minute and engage each time the pedal is depressed afterwards until the the key is switched off....... then the cycle repeats.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:08 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The solenoid shouldn't click and stay clicked until the pedal is pushed.

Try shifting the F/R switch to neutral while keyswitch is on. If the solenoid un-clicks, the pedal switch is bad or the controller is bad.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO