lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2020, 10:05 PM   #31
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: SS wheel caps keep falling off :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Thanks for confirming it ain't just me, Jake!

If anyone stumbles across a rear mounted set that looks good and works (and that I can grab from a site sponsor if so) I would appreciate it! I've pulled these wheels so many times now that I can do it in my sleep......
Yes. Look above. Site sponsor on eBay $15 shipped to you. Could not find it on their website. Just look.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2020, 10:18 PM   #32
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Yes. Look above. Site sponsor on eBay $15 shipped to you. Could not find it on their website. Just look.
Thank you!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:20 PM   #33
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Thank you!!
Old 07-22-2020, 05:20 PM   #34
Kraurr
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Had the same issue on my old EzGone - Hot Glue worked great. Was able to pop it loose with a pocket knife when i needed to.

-Rick
Kraurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:29 PM   #35
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraurr View Post
Hot Glue worked great. Was able to pop it loose with a pocket knife when i needed to.
another good idea
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:43 PM   #36
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

An observation: Of the 4 wheels I have, 2 have one size of cap and the other 2 have another size cap. Same wheels, all bought at the same time. The story I am getting is that somewhere along the way "SS" resized the hole size. Supposedly I have the right size caps (the wheels with the "bigger" holes are holding the caps just fine) on all the wheels, but 2 are different than the other 2.

I am still thinking of buying the push through caps but now need to figure out if one set will work on the different sized holes that I have.......
Old 07-23-2020, 11:20 AM   #37
swm63
Gone Wild

I'd ask the dealer to swap your wheels for a set that all matches. After all, they sold you this mess...

Quote:
An observation: Of the 4 wheels I have, 2 have one size of cap and the other 2 have another size cap. Same wheels, all bought at the same time. The story I am getting is that somewhere along the way "SS" resized the hole size. Supposedly I have the right size caps (the wheels with the "bigger" holes are holding the caps just fine) on all the wheels, but 2 are different than the other 2.

I am still thinking of buying the push through caps but now need to figure out if one set will work on the different sized holes that I have.......
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 11:53 AM   #38
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't disagree. They have been very helpful so far and I don't see it as a huge deal once I do get it figured out. I'm pretty easy going by nature and with this virus thing going on I have been trying to extend even more consideration. It's annoying but not the end of the world so I'm trying to play nice :)
Old 07-23-2020, 03:10 PM   #39
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:

If the WHEEL holes are different sizes I would expect them to send me 2 more that match and they should pay for return shipping. I would want all 4 to match.
Old 07-23-2020, 04:15 PM   #40
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I stopped by the shop earlier today and chatted with them. They know (obviously) about the different size wheel holes and I asked them if they would grab the push through caps for me to assure me that we get 4 that match and work. The guy (owner) says "you know-you have been very cool through all of this and I am just going to order you 2 new wheels so this is right". I didn't have to suggest that; he offered it right up. Like alot of folks, the virus has affected their business (they are making sales but can't get parts to finish jobs) so I am trying to be patient and also support them.

So while my saga is coming to an end with this (assuming the wheels get here!) it still looks like others have experienced the same thing with these wheels. Hopefully the manufacturer sees this and addresses the problem.

A million thanks to all of you who offered input!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car