lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2020, 07:48 AM   #1
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Speed magnet install: socket? dowel? gold coin?

The little instruction slip with my speed magnet says to use a piece of wood or soft mallet to install the new speed magnet, but there's only a slim lip of metal on the outward facing part of the magnet, which seems like it would be tricky to exclusively press down on. Considering how much of a hassle it was to get the old one off (15 minute upgrade my @55), I want to be 100% ready to install the new one later today. I know some folks have used a socket, but considering how thin the exposed metal liner is, I'd be concerned about cracking the magnet. I was thinking of getting a dowel of the same size and tapping it in with that and a small hammer. There isn't much room to get in there though.

In hindsight, I regret not simply taking the motor out.

How did you successfully do yours?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2020, 07:50 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Speed magnet install: socket? dowel? gold coin?

I’ve done a handful of them, and I usually just shove it in there by hand and then tap it gently on either side with a screwdriver and a hammer until it’s all the way in. Admittedly not the most careful way, but they’ve always worked for me. An impact socket or deep socket would probably work well.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:08 PM   #3
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

I ended up pulling the right rear wheel, which gave super easy access to tap it in with a 1/2 dowel and a small hammer. Max speed was 14/15 before, now it hits 18/19 on lousy batteries.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 09:00 PM   #4
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
I ended up pulling the right rear wheel, which gave super easy access to tap it in with a 1/2 dowel and a small hammer. Max speed was 14/15 before, now it hits 18/19 on lousy batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: png popcorn.png (45.1 KB, 0 views)
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 11:13 AM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I used the back side of a plastic/rubber handle of a screwdriver. Then tapped the end of the screwdriver with a mallet. The handle Set on the metal part perfectly and worked perfect
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car