lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2020, 05:45 PM   #1
cokerta
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2005 TXT converting to 48V

Over the past year or so I have been accumulating the parts to convert my PDS txt to 48 volts, once the batteries are spent, what I have is a Plum Quick Bandit motor (already installed), Alltrax XCT 400 amp controller, SW180 Solenoid, 2 gauge cables, lester summit II battery Charger a new digital voltmeter on the way. Am I missing anything and is there anything I should know about swapping out the controllers? I have some mechanical abilities but I am not a mechanic. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. My batteries have reached the end of their life so it is time to make the swap.
cokerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2020, 03:20 PM   #2
cokerta
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 TXT converting to 48V

Surely one of you more experienced cart guys can help me out here
Old 10-06-2020, 08:11 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If the SW180 coil is 48V rated, and you cave the correct field map ready to be loaded into the XCT for the PQ motor, you ought to be good to go.

In a nutshell, the controller, solenoid, battery pack and charger all have to be capable of working at the same voltage. In this case, 48V.

As well as the field map has too match motor.

Check with PQ for the max recommended RPM for the motor. Probably 6500RPM, which is about 28MPH on stock height (18") tires.

With a 48V pack, you may have the ability to exceed the max recommended motor RPM on level ground and will definitely have it going downhill.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 02:08 PM   #4
cokerta
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Johnnie B just wanted to make sure I was not leaving something out the controller is programmed for the PQ and the SW180 is 48V.
Old 10-07-2020, 03:11 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokerta View Post
Thanks Johnnie B just wanted to make sure I was not leaving something out the controller is programmed for the PQ and the SW180 is 48V.
Like JB said you should be good to go. One sticky thing that can happen to stop the joy is if the controller over voltage is set to low. So you might want to look at that. Personally I set it to 60 and go with it but I've seen lots of 36v carts set to 38.5 or such?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 03:58 PM   #6
cokerta
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Scottyb and also for the quick shipping on the parts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO