lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2020, 02:55 PM   #1
jslawsonusc
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 EZGO TXT - Stopped Moving

Hello All,

I have a 00 TXT 36v golf cart that I have had for about 6 months. Everything was working great up until about 2 weeks ago. It drove fine one day and the next day i went out and nothing. No movement whatsoever. I test the batteries and they were good (>36 volts) and put it into reverse and got a back up alarm. But when i pressed the pedal, no movement (forward or reverse). I replaced the solenoid it started moving again....for 1 hour. Kids drove it around and then it just stopped working. I walked over to it and turned it on and then it started working again. I went to drive it back to the garage and if i held the pedal down, it was fine. As soon as i let off the pedal and pressed it again, nothing. Since then i have replaced the accelerator switch and throttle sensor thinking it was something with those. Still nothing. One thing that it is doing now that it was not before is, while in reverse, i get the back up alarm. When i press the pedal, the alarm gets muted a bit. You can still hear it but it is not as loud.

The next thing i was going to replace is the speed controller but since those are about $300, i figure i would reach out and see if there is anything else i am missing first since i am in unchartered territory. Any help, guidance or comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
jslawsonusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2020, 08:19 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 EZGO TXT - Stopped Moving

Cart batteries should never be allowed to drop below 50% SoC (State of Charge) and 36V is less than 50% charged. 38.2V is 100% SoC for Trojan brand batteries, other brands may be higher.

Get the batteries charged and try again.

FWIW: The battery pack ought to be charge after each use, or at least every day the cart is used.

In 2000 the TXT had two different drive systems. Series and PDS.

If the controller cover has a Run/Tow switch on it, the cart has a PDS (sepex) drive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JohnnieB's SoC Chart.JPG (63.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:40 AM   #3
jslawsonusc
Not Yet Wild

Hey Johnnie,

Thanks for that info. I am new to the golf cart world and didn't know those numbers. I do try to charge it after each use but the kids will sometimes forget. Either way, I charged it last night and got a reading of 37.9V across the batteries and still no movement.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:25 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Which drive system????????
Old 10-07-2020, 03:11 PM   #5
jslawsonusc
Not Yet Wild

It does not have a run/tow switch so it would be a series.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:18 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

When the cart won't run, does the solenoid click when the pedal is pushed?
Old 10-07-2020, 07:37 PM   #7
jslawsonusc
Not Yet Wild

Yea. Solenoid clicks. Tried it in forward and reverse and clicks both ways.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:52 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Problem is in the thick cables and there connections or contacts.

Attached is a schematic of a series drive with the high current circuit highlighted. (F/R is in F)

Connect your DVM between the controller's B- and M- terminals.

When the pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click, you should measure full battery pack voltage.

If you don't, use the test lead from M- to find the voltage and whatever is between the last no voltage test point and the first voltage test point is where the problem is.

The F/R contacts are the likely suspects.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series- No A2 -Hi-Current traced.JPG (57.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO