lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2020, 07:01 PM   #1
matt1382
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO RXV 2013 model took a swim!!

SO maybe I made a mistake or not, I guess time will tell. I picked up a 13 model RXV for pretty cheap. Has a 6" lift, 12" wheels and 23" tires in really nice shape. Has a back seat, all quality parts. The cart is in overall great shape. The only problem is that something fell on the go pedal when the PO was using it, and it took a ride into their inground pool! So I bought it so I could dig into it, knowing nothing about the newer electric carts. I figure before I spend a ton of money I could always part it out. So far, I've brought the batteries back to life, got the lights and brake working (I think). When I turn it on it tries to go through the startup sequence it seems like. It rocks back and forth, the brake unlocks and locks, the reverse buzzer chirps. But if I push the go pedal, it will creep a few inches buts that's about it, sometimes forward, sometimes reverse. Battery pack voltage is good. Solenoid clicks. So I plugged in the 1313 handheld, but it doesn't do anything when I power the cart on, like it just doesnt see the controller. When I picked up the cart I figured the controller was toast, but with it starting to go through the startup sequence I had hope that it could be saved. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
13rxv.jpg
matt1382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2020, 08:10 PM   #2
Black RXV
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO RXV 2013 model took a swim!!

I just upgraded my RXV to a Navitas controller. If yours is a Curtis I can send you mine to test with. If it works we can discuss a price.
Black RXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 10:36 PM   #3
matt1382
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black RXV View Post
I just upgraded my RXV to a Navitas controller. If yours is a Curtis I can send you mine to test with. If it works we can discuss a price.
Ah dang! I ordered a refurb one off of eBay already. But I really appreciate that offer!
Old 10-12-2020, 06:05 AM   #4
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I know you said the brake is unlocking but are you sure it's not corroded and stuck. Had one a while back that water got into it and basically rusted it in place. It would move a couple inches then stop. I pulled the brake, opened it up and was able to clean things up with a wire wheel and get it going. I did order a new replacement brake to be safe, but it was still working when it was eventually replaced.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:25 AM   #5
matt1382
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
I know you said the brake is unlocking but are you sure it's not corroded and stuck. Had one a while back that water got into it and basically rusted it in place. It would move a couple inches then stop. I pulled the brake, opened it up and was able to clean things up with a wire wheel and get it going. I did order a new replacement brake to be safe, but it was still working when it was eventually replaced.
I don’t think it’s stuck because I can move the cart in tow or neutral. When I first got it, the brake was locked up due to no voltage, but I took it off and it looked good.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:49 PM   #6
matt1382
Not Yet Wild

Messing around in the garage today, decided I was curious what the battery pack voltage was. So I checked and the turned the cart on, pushed the gas pedal and it started moving. So I sat on it and it actually rode around the yard really good for a couple of minutes. I stopped for a minute and put the seat on and not it’s back to the same thing g. It will creep in either direction for a few inches then quit. If I pull both pedals upward when I turn it on, it will do the same thing, but also beep at me. I cannot get the Curtis hand held to connect to the cart so I can’t use it for troubleshooting.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:52 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Did you try plugging the handheld directly into the controller?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 04:03 PM   #8
matt1382
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I used the round 4 pin connector that goes to the controller. Is there another place?
Old 10-14-2020, 06:28 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
No such thing on curtis AC controllers.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:35 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
No such thing on curtis AC controllers.
My bad. Was thinking about the txt48.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO