lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2020, 02:38 PM   #1
Nsmustang55ol
Not Yet Wild

Default Little bit more torque?

Hello all. I have a 2017 EZGO TXT 48v with the Fleet controller. Brand new USA batteries. 6” lift on 23” all terrains. happy with the top speed at around 22-23 mph. I’m asking if there is a way to get a little more torque. I know smaller tires will do it BUT I cant be the smallest cart in the neighborhood. Lol. I currently have the controller on “4” and the speed pass key thing. Is there a motor upgrade or controller upgrade that won’t break the bank? Anywho, thanks ahead of time.
Nsmustang55ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2020, 07:16 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Little bit more torque?

The 23" tire height reduces the torque available where rubber meets road by 22% and if you AT tires are the low pressure type (<10PSI max inflation pressure), then even more torque is lost.

Brand new batteries only have about 75% of their rated storage capacity until they are broken in, so that may be part of the problem. (Take a couple dozen charge cycles, or more, to break in new batteries)

Torque equates to Amp flow through the armature of a sepex motor, so anything that impedes the flow of amp is reducing the amount of torque the motor can produce. 2Ga cables and 400A continuous/1000A peak solenoid may help.

A standard speed/high torque motor may help.

A controller with a higher amp throughput will help with acceleration from a standstill.

What voltage and AH are you batteries?

What charger are you using?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:21 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Little bit more torque?

There are things done by the passkey that reduce torque. They can be undone, but you shouldn't expect miracles from the small stock controller. Also, profile 4 is not the fastest profile (could have had that profile without Passkey).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO