lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2020, 06:26 PM   #1
ripper
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help in north florida

Have cart issues....anyone in north florida could help a member out possibly for beers or a few bucks...? I think I narrowed my issue down to FnR switch and or motor...
ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2020, 02:03 PM   #2
ripper
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need help in north florida

Sheesh....No one?
Old 12-18-2020, 02:22 PM   #3
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Might help if you put a little more information in your request. Model cart? Year? What is it doing or not doing? What have you tested so far?
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 03:16 PM   #4
ripper
Not Yet Wild

jneubig: I have a 2006, EZGO txt pds cart. I have an older Alltrax 600 amp controller and 2 or 4 gauge wires and a D&D motor. My cart is lifted and has 23" tires. I recently went to place and they put in new Trojan T-105 batteries. The 3 times driving it ran 24 mph. The owner mentioned my controller/motor and solenoid will be problems in future and BAM.....Drove the cart 3 times and it is now not working properly The cart is making a (reverse buzzer noise when the plug from solenoid and controller are plugged in) The noise is coming from the front so I am thinking FnR switch? (because it looked like they put new rivets on it). The motor was making a sound (like wire brush on concrete but real faint). The cart will stop and then I can get it to go again but not driving right at all. Not sure if they sabotaged my motor? I am very green but have learned alot from this site. I work on my motocross bike but am not real good with this electric. Would definitely like to be taught a little more!!! See the pics, my solenoid corner is broke but the wires aren't broke and it has been this way for a while. It clicks as supposed to so don't think it is the problem but I need to replace. The noise stops when I unplug the wires you see unplugged.
Old 12-18-2020, 03:17 PM   #5
ripper
Not Yet Wild

[attach]20201217_165023_resized.jpg[/attach]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201217_164950_resized.jpg (95.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-18-2020, 03:28 PM   #6
ripper
Not Yet Wild

When I was testing it last night the controller blinked 4 times and stayed green so I am thinking it is not the controller. Thinking ITS, FnR or Motor or combo of both. I live in very flat area (North FL). I use my cart to cruise around where I live....Would love to upgrade to AC system in near future but just need to get it going for now as the batteries do not need to sit for weeks/months. Uggg.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 461022186_20190921_181452_2879255.jpg (238.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-19-2020, 06:22 AM   #7
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm not real familiar with the Alltrax but several folks on here are. I'm sure someone will be along to offer advice of what to check.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 03:22 PM   #8
ripper
Not Yet Wild

No ideas...???
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO