lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2020, 09:55 AM   #1
georgia088
Gone Wild

Default Pds with xct48400 acting up....

Hello everyone. It has been a while since I’ve been on, but my cart has been giving me issues. I have the pds 48v with the xct controller. For several weeks it has been cutting out on me. I could be running full speed and it would just cut out like all power had been turned off. This would last for a second and before you lifted foot from throttle, it would pick back up and take off. It would do it mostly when I hit bumps. So, I figured bad connection. Checked everything and found that any time I would “wiggle” the plug from its throttle/foot micro switch or the speed sensor plug that connects to controller; I would get an error code of throttle over/under range. So, I disconnected speed sensor plug and bypassed it in the tool kit. I pulled the ITS throttle plug and cleaned it good and plugged it back up. Now, I have speed sensor plug unplugged and bypass inside toolkit. I am no longer getting the cutting out issue, but the cart is at like 15-20% speed at WOT. Any ideas? Did I do something wrong? I am ordering a new speed sensor plug but was going to ride it bypassed until then. However, it is SLOW!!! Any ideas? Thanks!
georgia088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2020, 10:22 AM   #2
georgia088
Gone Wild

Default Re: Pds with xct48400 acting up....

Ok so edit..... I think I forgot to click “set” when I unchecked enable speed limit. I now have plenty of speed. However, now when I come to a rolling stop it still tries to go a little for a couple of seconds after I stop. And then it stops completely. Hard to describe but it’s like your rolling to a stop and almost stopped and then the motor tries to kick back in a couple of times even though pedal isn’t pressed and then it stops completely. Also, the solenoid is not clicking when the pedal is pressed like it’s engaged all the time. Ideas?
Old 12-30-2020, 11:00 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you have identified the problem.
Be 100% certain the large 6a diode from Alltrax is in place across the solenoid big posts. If not, the controller may fail when the power is cut off suddenly.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 11:01 AM   #4
georgia088
Gone Wild

The solenoid is not disengaging once the pedal is let up like it should. It is staying energized after the pedal is let up. It usually has a click after a few seconds of you letting accelerator up and the solenoid disengages. Now, If I turn the key switch on solenoid the light flashes and becomes solid green. Press accelerator and solenoid clicks and cart will go. Release accelerator and solenoid stays engaged and will stay engaged until I turn key switch off.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:04 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The solenoid should disengage Once you depress and release the pedal.
Have you inspected and tested the foot pedal switch?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 11:26 AM   #6
georgia088
Gone Wild

Yes, continuity test of micro switch is good. With speed limit unchecked, the only way solenoid disengage is when/if the cart rolls backwards after the the pedal is released and cart has stopped. If the cart rolls backwards at all the solenoid disengages.

If I enable speed limit and connect speed sensor plug: the solenoid acts as it should. Engages with pedal press and disengages when foot is lifted from accelerator. However, no rpms are shown under the speed sensor tab when cart is moving and it is like the cart is in limp mode.
Old 12-30-2020, 12:18 PM   #7
georgia088
Gone Wild

What does this mean? Bad speed sensor? It doesn’t make sense why the solenoid isn’t disengaging when in bypass the speed sensor though...?
Old 12-30-2020, 01:00 PM   #8
georgia088
Gone Wild

Well, I think the speed sensor plug was not getting a good connection (hence why I’m ordering a new one) bc now it works with the speed limit enabled. Still doesn’t make sense why solenoid will not disengage when speed limit is deselected though.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO