lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2021, 03:14 PM   #1
SoleraBob
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question '14 EZGO RXV Won't Go

I'm sure this question has been raised many times before but i couldn't find a thread on it.
I bought a refurbed 2014 RXV a few years ago and for the the last year and a half I have been having an issue where I turn on the key, it clicks, I press the pedal, then nothing! I'm not getting that secondary click and power. Forward or reverse. I have to keep turning it on and off and depressing the pedal on and off and eventually it goes. It doesn't do it as I continue driving and stopping, only after turning off completely.
I'm assuming it's a F&R switch or throttle switch but I'm not sure where to begin diagnosing. I'd like to repair myself but don't want to just start replacing parts and hoping. I have hand tools but no power or amp readers to trace power.
Any help? my buddies are killing me about this.
SoleraBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2021, 03:33 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: '14 EZGO RXV Won't Go

From that you have said first I would buy a multimeter. Second I would buy or rent a Curtis handheld programmer. And last download this troubleshooting guide.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RXV 48V AC Curtis Advanced Trouble-Shooting Guide.pdf (3.16 MB, 0 views)
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 03:42 PM   #3
SoleraBob
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

sounds like good advice. Thanks
Old 01-08-2021, 05:06 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

It actually sounds like a pedals switches issue. One or both pedals not returning to full upright. Very common with the RXVs as they age. The springs that return the pedals to full upright weaken with age. While the springs are not designed to be replaced, they can be shimmed with some short rubber or plastic tubing pieces over the spring ends. I wrote about this long ago on this forum. Some have added external springs to pull the pedals back. The controller tests the pedal position during the powerup self test. If the test fails, the cart will not operate. Some have tried pulling both pedals back by hand to see if that allows it to pass the test in order to verify the reason the self test fails.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 06:00 PM   #5
rngilliland
Gone Wild

In my experience the problem you described is usually caused by the motor brake. The cart doesn't pass the twist test so you try again and it passes. Then, until you turn the key off, the cart will keep running because it doesn't have to go through the twist test. You can just live with it, but at some point you may not be able to get the cart to go. I have fixed a couple of carts with this problem by taking the brake off and cleaning up any corrosion or rough spots on the three bolts that hold the brake on. If you try that only tighten the bolts to 50 in/lbs. If you don't have a torque wrench tighten just slightly more than compressing the lock washer. The brake has to be released when you tighten the bolts. I put the cart in tow after I get the first bolt started. That makes it easier to start the other bolts. Flip the run/tow switch back and forth a couple of times and tighten the bolts with it in tow.

It sounds like a problem with the brake but You can try pulling back on the brake and accelerator pedals when you turn the key on. If that helps you may have some trash keeping the pedal from returning all the way up.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 11:17 PM   #6
Threeput
Gone Wild

I had same problems ..replaced pedal switch that fixed it.....later on same problem ..no go....found the electric plug for the brake coil was not making contact on the brake coil contacts....wiggled it ..heard Click....removed plug...pushed contacts on the plug in a bit...now OK for months
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:11 PM   #7
SoleraBob
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Appreciate all the good advice. Will start with the simple stuff and go from there. Thanks.

Tags
ezgo problem, ezgo won't go
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO