lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2021, 02:48 PM   #1
Godfather1960
Gone Wild

Default Club Car Precedent wheel set

Hope some one can shed some light on helping me ..im looking to buy this set of wheels tires and putting them on my Precedent and was wondering if i have to lift the cart because i have a back seat kit in it dont want it to rub the fenders in the back here is the link thanks in advance

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLF-CART-1...Cclp%3A2334524
Godfather1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2021, 03:10 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent wheel set

That math works out to 18.77 inches diameter. SHOULD be OK as long as the springs don't sag too much. Might consider dual action springs for the rear to make sure it holds the extra weight of the seat kit & riders. Sometimes we all forget these were built as Golf Carts - intended to carry 2 people and some golf clubs. We generally ask them to do so much more.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 03:30 PM   #3
Godfather1960
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
That math works out to 18.77 inches diameter. SHOULD be OK as long as the springs don't sag too much. Might consider dual action springs for the rear to make sure it holds the extra weight of the seat kit & riders. Sometimes we all forget these were built as Golf Carts - intended to carry 2 people and some golf clubs. We generally ask them to do so much more.
this will be on a reman 2021 precedent that hauls women to bingo thanks for your imput ill have to think this one over how about longer spring shackles ? like 1" inch
Old 02-20-2021, 03:32 PM   #4
Airstream65
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Keep in mind when putting low profile tires, the ride is going to be quite a bit harsher!
Airstream65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 03:47 PM   #5
Godfather1960
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream65 View Post
Keep in mind when putting low profile tires, the ride is going to be quite a bit harsher!
I understand might go with 10 inch puffy tire will see
Old 02-20-2021, 03:57 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

They should be fine.

Worst case, yes you could make new rear shackles. 2” longer would give you 1” lift and stop the rubbing. But, HD or dual action rear springs would be a “better” fix since you’ve already added 100 lbs with the back seat. Add passengers on top of that and the oem springs could use a little extra boost.

I run a 205/50/10 on my DS and it doesn’t rub at all even with passengers on the back.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 06:16 PM   #7
Godfather1960
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
They should be fine.

Worst case, yes you could make new rear shackles. 2” longer would give you 1” lift and stop the rubbing. But, HD or dual action rear springs would be a “better” fix since you’ve already added 100 lbs with the back seat. Add passengers on top of that and the oem springs could use a little extra boost.

I run a 205/50/10 on my DS and it doesn’t rub at all even with passengers on the back.
Awesome thanks
Old 02-21-2021, 11:24 AM   #8
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

You might check and see if any site sponsors carry wheels and tires. I paid what the link you included is asking for one setup for all 4 of my wheels and tires.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 11:41 AM   #9
rowlands57
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
You might check and see if any site sponsors carry wheels and tires. I paid what the link you included is asking for one setup for all 4 of my wheels and tires.
Indeed, that pricing is insane for just one wheel and tire. A buddy of mine just purchased a full set of nice rims and tires for the price of just one. They were not poor quality either, cannot recall the tire brand but they are a recognizable brand for sure. The OP would be very wise to shop around and certainly check with the site sponsors.
rowlands57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 11:44 AM   #10
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

The auction is for a set of four wheels/tires/centercaps with 16 lug nuts. Shipped.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car