lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2021, 09:04 AM   #1
FLBeachBum
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default GPS Speedometer??

I have a street legal cart that is capable of 30mph (maybe closer to 35mph soon) and was wondering if anyone is using a GPS speedo? Speed limits range from 25 to 35mph where I drive the cart. Yes I know it shouldn't legally go that fast, but I don't care and the local authorities don't either.

I watched the install of some regular speedo's with wheel sensors/magnets and that's way too much work. I found a few ebay GPS speedo's which are "analog" and go up to 40mph, thoughts? Wonder if there is a way to mount it on the steering column...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/85mm-3-3-8-...IAAOSwdo5f1-ri
FLBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2021, 10:47 AM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: GPS Speedometer??

Lots of ways to do this with gps as the input. Many phone apps are available. I have seen some that project on the windshield (on the net, not in person) and the various ones like you found. I have seen some members use them without complaint. Personally, I have one from Speedhut. It is analog with scale from 0 to 40 mph and NO odometer. It's relatively expensive compared to the ebay versions but it's fully customizable for font, color of font, background, lighting, trim etc. It has been trouble free for a couple of years. One drawback of the GPS speedos' is they have to boot up and acquire signal once power is applied. In my case this could be as long as 30 sec but you don't have to wait as it will eventually sync with the cart in motion. Just takes longer. Haven't seen a steering column mount myself.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:32 PM   #3
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: GPS Speedometer??

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBeachBum View Post
I have a street legal cart that is capable of 30mph (maybe closer to 35mph soon) and was wondering if anyone is using a GPS speedo? Speed limits range from 25 to 35mph where I drive the cart. Yes I know it shouldn't legally go that fast, but I don't care and the local authorities don't either.

I watched the install of some regular speedo's with wheel sensors/magnets and that's way too much work. I found a few ebay GPS speedo's which are "analog" and go up to 40mph, thoughts? Wonder if there is a way to mount it on the steering column...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/85mm-3-3-8-...IAAOSwdo5f1-ri

I bought a couple of those to install on two different carts but haven't gotten around to the install. Reason? I'm going to fab up a dash panel. While I think it's the best looking option, it's also the most work. You may be able to find a column mount for a car that works, but can you see it mounted there?
There are digital ones that attach to the column available as well, which may be easier.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car