lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2021, 07:55 PM   #1
mhettleman
Not Yet Wild

Default 12 RXV Speed Upgrade

I've got a 2012 RXV with 18-inch tires that desperately needs a speed upgrade. With my GPS Speedo app, it showed that I was only going 12-13 mph, which is way too slow. This cart is located in northern Florida. Does anyone know someone around here that can program these? Is there anything I can do/order to make it go faster? I'd say 19 mph is a good range, but I'm happy with the wheels and tires that are on it now so I don't want to go that route.

Thanks!
mhettleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2021, 08:07 PM   #2
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: 12 RXV Speed Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhettleman View Post
I've got a 2012 RXV with 18-inch tires that desperately needs a speed upgrade. With my GPS Speedo app, it showed that I was only going 12-13 mph, which is way too slow. This cart is located in northern Florida. Does anyone know someone around here that can program these? Is there anything I can do/order to make it go faster? I'd say 19 mph is a good range, but I'm happy with the wheels and tires that are on it now so I don't want to go that route.

Thanks!
Need to know if you have a Dannaher or Curtis Controller. They changed to Curtis early 2012. Lots more people can program the Curtis.

If the heat shield over the resistor next to your controller is black, it is a Curtis. If it is shiny metallic, it is a Dannaher.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 08:18 PM   #3
mhettleman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordpi View Post
Need to know if you have a Dannaher or Curtis Controller. They changed to Curtis early 2012. Lots more people can program the Curtis.

If the heat shield over the resistor next to your controller is black, it is a Curtis. If it is shiny metallic, it is a Dannaher.
It is black.
mhettleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 02:43 AM   #4
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhettleman View Post
It is black.
Keep and eye on the forum here for when Bob Boyce will be making another Florida Programming trip. Bob is hands down the best.

If you are ever in Central AL, I would be happy to do for you.

Hopefully you can find someone local.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO