lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2021, 04:14 PM   #1
PDACPA
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGo 2015 RVX 48 questions

I am looking at a used EZGO RVX 48 volt (2015) and wanted to know if there were any particular issues with this year/model? The price is really reasonable, so I want to due my due diligence checking the serial number and making sure it is not stolen. However, I am still just learning about the various brands/volts/batteries etc and did not want to pass this up if it is a legit deal. Any advice appreciated and working the search bar here, but I might need to make a quick decision. Thanks
PDACPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2021, 04:41 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGo 2015 RVX 48 questions

2015 should have a Curtis controller which is what you want. The metal grid behind the black plastic cover with the labels on it should also be black as in the picture. If that metal grid piece is bare metal or grey it is an older cart with a Danaher controller. Walk away if this is the case.
Other wise any RXV of mid 2012 or newer are basically the same. There was a minor change to the body in 2016 I believe and also the front bumper is a little different about that time but not of any concern.

Batteries: When purchasing a used electric cart, the condition and age of the batteries should be considered in the price. Don't take the sellers word for their age unless they have some proof, like receipts. Most, but not all RXVS will have 12v batteries (4 of them for 48v). If the batteries are not new the price should be discounted appropriately. When buying any used electric cart figure the cost of new batteries in your area plus the cost of the cart as the real and final price.

Some RXVs could have factory installed lithium batteries (Samsung). 2015 is to old for that I think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0379.jpg (296.9 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:51 PM   #3
PDACPA
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the information.

I think the ad is a scammer. I suspected it when I saw the price. Then the email came it is in UT and ready for free shipping blah blah blah. Watch out for Lisa Doyle (lisadoylle at gmail.com) selling a 2015 Red Ezgo. Very fishy.

I am not buying unless I can see it, drive it and inspect it.
Old 04-03-2021, 04:53 PM   #4
PDACPA
Not Yet Wild

In FL, my boat batteries and car batteries tend to start being an issue after 4 years or so. Follow the same for the golf cart batteries? What is the rough cost of replacing them (to discount off the price) if the owner cannot prove their age?
Old 04-03-2021, 07:48 PM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm getting 4-5 years from premium(Trojan) 8v batteries in Atlanta area with meticulous care. 2-4 years is probably reasonable from 12v batteries. Heat in this part of the country degrades them faster than some other climates. Battery prices are similar in Fl and Ga I think. I just replaced 6 8v for $730. 12v would have been a little less but less total capacity also. So if batteries were 2 years old you could reasonably deduct ~$350 or so. But as there are many variables these are just suggestions and approximations.
Covid has affected golf cart prices similar to RVs, boats the like. Its' a crazy market out there. My point really is: assume the worst with used batteries. Around here when asking how old the batteries are the standard answer seems to be "around 2 years old". This is almost never true and in reality they are closer to 4 but they are good enough for a test drive.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:49 AM   #6
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

There may also be a date code on the batteries post that tells year and date they were made.
Anther guestion to ask is how often did the owner charge batteries along with checking water levels.
Answer should be after every use or when done for the day.
Good luck in your search😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 05:34 PM   #7
ecoast
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

age of battery is a 'tell' for sure but you will never know how they were maintained wrt charging, electrolyte level, deepest discharges, etc...so used is prolly 'crapshoot'
ecoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO