lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
FireAtWill
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Stereo Install Complete - Help

OK,

I installed my new CD player (JVC 50x4, 20X4 RMS) and in the instructions it said for a 2 speaker system to only hook up the front speakers. I am getting almost no BASS. Is it possible to splice the Rear Left and Rear Right to the Front Left and Front Right for 2 speakers? Will it then push 50W per Speaker or will it screw up the sound? Right now the Rear Left and Rear Right are just capped behind the dash.

FAW
FireAtWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
Tazman00
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stereo Install Complete - Help

Where are your speakers mounted? Are they in an enclosed area where they can draw some bass?
I dont think it'll hurt to use the rear speaker leads. I have my alpine setup to use the rear speakers on a 2 speaker system.
I have my speakers mounted under the front seat 6.5 jvc's and have plenty of bass.
Tazman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #3
FireAtWill
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazman00 View Post
Where are your speakers mounted? Are they in an enclosed area where they can draw some bass?
I dont think it'll hurt to use the rear speaker leads. I have my alpine setup to use the rear speakers on a 2 speaker system.
I have my speakers mounted under the front seat 6.5 jvc's and have plenty of bass.
2 6x9s sitting on the front seat (Maybe that is the problem). I am planning on installing them under the front seat facing forward once the spacers get here from Bestbuy (Hopefully Today). My batteries are too close to the fiberglass to install 6x9s without the spacers. Planning on mounting them vertically flanking the Forward/Reverse switch.

Also,

I have about your exact cart (95 w/ new bodyand not nearly as tricked *yet*) and have ordered a 5" dropaxle lift (in the mail). Did you increase your motor or controller to run the bigger tires? ARe you running 36V?

FAW
Old 09-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
aauman
Getting Wild

Club Car

You are getting no bass because your speakers are just sitting on the seat and are not able to move any air. The cone has to be able to push air up to create bass, right now it cant. Install them and you will hear the difference right away. If you splice the leads you are bridging the internal amplifier and making it run 2 ohms instead of 4 ohms. You will double your power but radios are not designed to do that. It will burn up the internal amp. Hope this helps
aauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #5
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Bass comes from the enclosure and the power to drive the speakers.
Your stereo only has 20w per side so it won't be a bayou blaster but it will produce as good a sound as the quality of your 6x9's will allow.
It would help if you get some of those 6x9 foam backers for the rear of the speakers.
I think you will be happy once you install the 6x9's in the kick panel.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:47 AM   #6
gtojohnny
Not Yet Wild

I think what he is asking is can he double up the front and rear speaker leads on one speaker thus increasing the wattage to that speaker? The deck has front and rear channel leads designed for four speakers. He wants to run both fornt and rear left to one speaker and front and rear right to the other. I have done this with amplifiers to run a single woofer from both channels, but never from the deck as I usually don't use those leads. I don't see why it can't be done though. Have you considered a small amplifier? Also, the more enclosure you can get around the back of those speakers, the more base you will have. I have built enclosures for 2 way 6x9's that made them sound like woofers. If you use a crossover and eliminate the highs, they can really pound. The problem you will have running them full range is that the mids and highs will distort before you ever get all of the base potential out of the woofer. Good luck!
gtojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:56 AM   #7
FireAtWill
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for all of the help. For now I think that I will install them by the F/R Switch with the spacers and see how that sounds. Then I might just mod a plastic piece to cover the bottom of the speakers to guard against splashes.

Thanks for all of the help! The lift also is suppossed to bet here Monday form WICKED CARTS so I will post new pics and maybe even a small pic by pic of the install. They have been incredibly helpful.

Once again thanks and this is such a great forum for information.

FAW
Old 09-24-2009, 12:01 PM   #8
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Get some of these foam speaker baffles for the back of your 6x9's, they're only $8.
They will give you better sound and protect the back of your speakers from dirt, dust and splashes.

dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #9
Tazman00
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireAtWill View Post
I have about your exact cart (95 w/ new bodyand not nearly as tricked *yet*) and have ordered a 5" dropaxle lift (in the mail). Did you increase your motor or controller to run the bigger tires? ARe you running 36V?

FAW
having them sitting on the front seat is definitely the problem! once you get them mounted you'll notice a big difference!

I'm running 36V with an Alltrax 400amp controller a PQ motor and 4gauge wires.
I'm considering a 48V conversion. maybe over the winter or in the spring.
Tazman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:40 AM   #10
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Make sure that you do not have the speaker positive and negative reversed at the speaker as that will make a difference.
Paxdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO