lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
RAGINCAJUN
Not Yet Wild

Default Raising front end

Alright fellas, I just finished my cart and I have a few questions.

1)I installed 6" lift with rear 4-leaf spring. With the heavy duty rear leafs, the cart sits a lot higher in the back.
Is there a way to raise the front about 1" more or so to make it look more level?

2)I also noticed after a full charge, I let my daughter and her friends ride around for about 20 minutes around the pastures and so forth. When they got back my charge meter was showing right at half. Does this seem right? (running on tourque mode)

3)How do I post pics of my finished project?

97' ezgo.
Jakes 6"lift
H/D Rear leaf springs
EMP 2-speed motor
4-gauge cables
22x11x10
RAGINCAJUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Raising front end

You Can Put H.d. Springs On The Front Also To Raise It Up Or Use Shock Extensions But That Might Make Your Shocks Bottom Out.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

shocks won't do anything for lift. Get the HD frt springs. It will raise it alittle .

A lifted cart with bigger tires does drain the batteries quicker. it just physics. How old are your batteries? What brand are they? Is your charger shutting off prematurely?
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
rib33024

Maybe this will help-- http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/test-...ing-101-a.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #5
RAGINCAJUN
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Thanks Rib I will see if I can get them up
Old 11-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
RAGINCAJUN
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
shocks won't do anything for lift. Get the HD frt springs. It will raise it alittle .

A lifted cart with bigger tires does drain the batteries quicker. it just physics. How old are your batteries? What brand are they? Is your charger shutting off prematurely?
yea, I was thinking the same thing about the shocks. Couldn't see how that would help.
I will see what's avaible for front leafs.
My batteries are 2 yrs old. They are Interstate batteries dated 09/07. They're labeled as (industrial cart) type. The chargers usually takes a while to charge. It seems to be working properly. It will cut out when it drops from 30 down to 0 amps. I always plug it right back to see if its getting a full charge. And when I plug it right back it only goes to about 20amps and starts dropping. And muy SOC meter on the cart IS showing full.
Like I said, They were riding it around for about 20/30 minutes AND riding in somewhat rough pastures AND with those big tires, that MIGHT seem right. I did hop on it when it was showing half charge and ride around and it still felt good. it wasn't really slugish.
Maybe my SOC meter doesn't neccessarily mean I have 50% left when it's half way down on the meter.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO