lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #11
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What are resistor mounting boards made of ?

I am wondering if Wonder Board would work ? If I can't get it on island by friday, I'll buy it online, I may even get a whole new set up. I'll pull the whole box and coils apart tonight to see how wore out it is and see if I break anything else before ordering parts
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #12
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauistardog View Post
I am wondering if Wonder Board would work ? If I can't get it on island by friday, I'll buy it online, I may even get a whole new set up. I'll pull the whole box and coils apart tonight to see how wore out it is and see if I break anything else before ordering parts
Don't kow about the heat, take a piece and put some heat to it and see what happens, --That stuff breaks easy
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #13
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfenceguy View Post
Some carburetor spacers are made of phenolic resin. I used to run them on on my race cars because they don 't transfer heat like aluminum. You can check local auto parts stores. They will be thicker but you can cut them down if needed.

This sounds like the best thing, strong and will take the heat--
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumb2.jpg (4.5 KB, 40 views)
Old 02-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #14
ncfenceguy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I've been quoted for the first time.......can't type anymore......eyes are starting to water
ncfenceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:28 AM   #15
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well, I gave up and took mike's advise and just ordered a new set up. Should get it next week. After taking the box off the cart and getting the board and coals out, i can see it is gonna be bitch to get the coils off the rusty nuts without breaking it or my hand. I finally got the new contacts on the wiper board, but I can't get the new wiper thingy on. It looks like I gotta take the whole board off
I can't seem to get any of the nuts off the gas rod or linkage. I feel like I am gonna break something if I try to hard. If anyone knows how to remove/replace the contact arm without taking the board off please let me know I'll post pics of the broken board. thanks again for the everyone's help.

aloha
joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:58 PM   #16
DesertDeuces
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Very timely thread. I just came online to ask the same question.

I pulled the rear cover panel off my '84 EZ Go Marathon to check out the resistor and found what looks like a disaster. If you read my first post on this forum, the previous owner had left all the battery cell caps off, and battery acid got everywhere.

After spending literally days cleaning up the mess in the battery compartment, I decided to check out the resistor. I just barely touched the board and it crumbled like powdered sugar. It's entirely disintegrated standing up. I have no clue how it continues to hold its shape. It's got corrosion entirely through it.

I can get the rusty nuts off easily using PB Blaster, however, my question for you folks is do you feel I need to purchase a new complete resistor? I think I do, but I never worked on one before. So, I don't know how much damage could be done to one. I still have yet to inspect it thoroughly.

Thanks.
DesertDeuces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:12 AM   #17
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauistardog View Post
Well, I gave up and took mike's advise and just ordered a new set up. Should get it next week. After taking the box off the cart and getting the board and coals out, i can see it is gonna be bitch to get the coils off the rusty nuts without breaking it or my hand. I finally got the new contacts on the wiper board, but I can't get the new wiper thingy on. It looks like I gotta take the whole board off
I can't seem to get any of the nuts off the gas rod or linkage. I feel like I am gonna break something if I try to hard. If anyone knows how to remove/replace the contact arm without taking the board off please let me know I'll post pics of the broken board. thanks again for the everyone's help.

aloha
joe

Joe thats your best bet,-------you can't go wrong there-------Put some PB Blaster on it and let it soke they should come loose --

D-D I would say you need to do the same thing,,get a new board--- check with our site sponsors, they will help you

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDeuces View Post
Very timely thread. I just came online to ask the same question.

I pulled the rear cover panel off my '84 EZ Go Marathon to check out the resistor and found what looks like a disaster. If you read my first post on this forum, the previous owner had left all the battery cell caps off, and battery acid got everywhere.

After spending literally days cleaning up the mess in the battery compartment, I decided to check out the resistor. I just barely touched the board and it crumbled like powdered sugar. It's entirely disintegrated standing up. I have no clue how it continues to hold its shape. It's got corrosion entirely through it.

I can get the rusty nuts off easily using PB Blaster, however, my question for you folks is do you feel I need to purchase a new complete resistor? I think I do, but I never worked on one before. So, I don't know how much damage could be done to one. I still have yet to inspect it thoroughly.

Thanks.
---But D-D if you have any more questions start a new thread and some one will help you with your problem--Have fun
Old 07-26-2015, 09:42 AM   #18
SCampbell
Not Yet Wild

Not sure what they are made of. How ever I used a product called Hardie Backer board I picked up at Home Depot for a little over $10 for a sheet around 3' X 4'. WAY WAY more material than needed, but much cheaper than the $90 for a brand new one. It worked wonders!!!! Grandma was in town and son really wanted to ride with her so I experimented and it turned out great! Hope this might help someone out. You can find this product in the tile department. All that is needed is a hand saw to cut it and drill your holes out for mounting hardware. '89 Marathon rescued and back in working order.
SCampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:44 AM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

McMaster Carr and Grainger sells nearly any raw material.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:50 AM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

WOW! JUST NOTICED THIS POST IS OVER 15 YEARS OLD. Problem has most likely already been solved.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO