lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default help me pick a new motor (05 pds)

My cart is a 05 pds with new batteries, 4ga cables and an alltrax 400a controller. It has a 6in lift and 22in tires.

Tonight I topped off the batteries and drove over to my parents house to visit. All blacktop, no major hills. All totaled I guess I went 5 miles for the total ride. no more than 2 miles w/o a break.

Just around the corner from my house the cart slowed, motor got jerky and the smell of burning electrical parts was obvious. I tilted up the seat, lots of smoke came out and the source was the motor. I got it back to the house and the motor was so hot I though it might catch on fire. There was a black oil like substance coming out of the motor. Obviously it is toast.

I was actually satisfied with the performance but a little more torque would not bother me. I could live with a stock replacement.

I would like to get the machine back up and running asap. I am looking for reasonable priced replacements or a good take off motor. I would like to find someone who takes paypal and get one on the way tomorrow. I live in SC and again want to replace it fast.

Any suggestions on an aftermarket replacement? Anyone have a known good take off to sell at a fair price?

Any idea why it cooked. I am guessing bad brushes and/or overheating from my extended high speed running. There was never any indication of a problem. No noise, no problems, nothing.

Any suggestions are welcomed. I really need to get it back running soon.

thanks for reading.
DVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: help me pick a new motor (05 pds)

thanks for all the helpful suggestions!

I made an offer on a used one and a new one through ebay. Both were accepted. Now I have a good used take off and a brand new motor headed my way. That should keep me rolling for a while.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I would recommend sending one to EMP and have them beef it up. They can get you more torque and speed.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #4
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
I would recommend sending one to EMP and have them beef it up. They can get you more torque and speed.
Thanks for the suggestion. Can they modify the one I killed or do they need a fully functioning unit to start? More torque would be welcomed- I don't need or want any additional speed. If it went a few mph slower that would be fine with me.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Call them and see, they are great to talk to. Very helpful. I know they have a flat fee for dealers. I am pretty sure they will rebuild your blown one.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO